Data Engineer II
Atlanta, GA or Remote /
LeaseQuery is looking for a Data Engineer II to join our Engineering team. We’re seeking someone with a passion for improvement; both in our processes and in yourself. We work in an Agile environment with development teams utilizing Scrum and Kanban. At LeaseQuery, a Data Engineer is a person who focuses on the design, scalability and malleability of our data infrastructure. They work on teams using agile approaches building artifacts needed to sustain the technical systems beyond data management/ETL (documentation, data dictionaries, designs and so on). The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of SQL database design, experience with data warehouses across multiple databases, and expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure scalable, reliable, and performant AWS PostGres databases and environments
- Application and system monitoring and performance tuning
- Interfacing daily with Development teams and other departments
- Monitoring and providing feedback to developer driven data architecture changes
- Participating in release and deployments
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Working with stakeholders including engineering, product, and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues and inquiries
- Proposing new technologies and practices as solutions or improvements to existing systems
- Research, assess, and enhance ETL pipeline
- Developing architectural roadmap for the databases, potentially including a move towards sharding
- Experience with designing data warehousing solutions and integrating systems
Tech you will work with:
- Hosting and Administration: AWS RDS/Aurora
- Communication: Atlassian Jira, Slack
- Database: PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server
- DataWarehouses & Integration Systems: Snowflake, FiveTran, Celigo
- Analytics and Logging: DataDog, Tableau
- Build and deployment tools: Git, Liquibase
- Languages: SQL, Python, Shell Scripting
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- 2+ years in a data/database engineer role
- 4+ years of experience working with databases and data architectures in any IT role
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and scaling databases
- Solid understanding of data architecture
- An attitude of success defined in team accomplishments
LeaseQuery simplifies complex accounting with our innovative FinTech SaaS technology. Our products, used by more than 3000+ organizations in 87 countries, are top rated for user satisfaction and ease of use by G2, and our company has appeared on the Deloitte Technology’s Fast 500 list and Georgia’s Fast 40 list among many other recent accolades over the past several years.
During the past decade, our CEO, George Azih, grew LeaseQuery from a one-person company to a workforce of 350+ representing one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies today. As we move into our next phase of growth, we're looking for passionate and dedicated people who want to invest their energy to align with our company's long-term goals.
LeaseQuery is an equal opportunity employer to all persons, free from restrictions and prejudice based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, domestic relationship status, parental status, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status. LeaseQuery maintains a drug-free workplace.