Firmware Applications Engineer
Engineering – Firmware /
Founded in 2014, Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. Headquartered in Paris, Vierzon and New York, Ledger has a team of 200+ professionals developing a variety of products and services to safeguard cryptocurrency assets for individuals and companies – including the Ledger hardware wallets line already sold in 165 countries.
To sustain the company's growth, Ledger is looking for a new talent to work in the embedded firmware team in charge of the hardware wallets’ Operating System and associated applications.
The applications for our hardware wallet products include cryptocurrencies support as well as key management and security protocols (like PGP, SSH and U2F).
- Implement secure applications running on top of our operating system,
- Ensure the quality of our applications with tests,
- Ensure the security of the source code in collaboration with our security team,
- Release and deploy new applications to be available in the Ledger Live.
- Develop and improve our software development practices, tools and processes,
- Support third-party developers and review external applications source code.
Work within our technical environment:
- OS part of the team for SDK evolutions,
- Security team for software vulnerabilities analysis and corrections,
- Product team for requirements prioritization,
- Customer Success team for end users issues analysis and corrections.
- Required - Diploma in Computer Sciences, Engineering or related discipline,
- Required - Good communication skills,
- Preferred - Interest in software and hardware attacks and their countermeasures,
- Desired - Blockchain interest and/or knowledge.
- Required - Embedded C software development,
- Preferred - Python software development,
- Preferred - Cryptography general knowledge,
- Desired - Rust software development.
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to the Company policy
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment,
- Strong focus on personal development including internal/external trainings and attendance to conferences,
- Internal talks, technical meetups and hackathons,
- High performance office equipment,
- Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage,
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr),
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks,
- Employee discount on Ledger products.
Ledger guarantees equity for all during the recruitment process, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age