Senior Risk Manager
Paris, France /
Central - Corporate Security – Corporate Security /
Permanent contract / CDI
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
- Ledger has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Risk Manager, to join our team based in our Paris office. Reporting directly to the CISO with a dotted line to the General Counsel and CFO, this role will be critical in supporting Ledgers compliance and risk operations to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations policies and procedures as well as considering both established and emerging risks.
- The role will ensure there are established standards, relevant policies and procedures in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance.
- The role will play a key part in delivery of established requirements in all areas of Risk and Compliance. The successful candidate will need to be resilient and have a tenacious desire to work smarter and stay abreast of new business and regulatory initiatives.
- You will exercise your gravitas working closely with a range of senior internal stakeholders, and will actively encourage a culture of compliance across the company. Therefore, we are ideally looking for someone who has experience at Head of Department who has significant operational and governance experience and ability to see the bigger picture as they will be tasked with ensuring the implementation, communication, education and reporting of consolidated risk from across all Ledger business units. Working closely with other embedded risk specialists you will drive consistency of reporting and the presentation of the overall risk posture of the organisation.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in regulatory, risk and compliance within a Tech / Financial Services environment,
- Extensive experience collecting, collating and producing consolidated risk reports and presentation for the Board, CEO and Executive Committee,
- Proven track record as a Senior Risk and Compliance leader, championing a positive risk culture through the formulation of risk-mitigation processes and risk advisory for products and services,
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work in an agile fashion but also with discipline and structure,
- Proven people management experience and lateral collaboration with other senior leaders in a firm,
- Proficient at establishing credibility quickly and building relationships at all levels, influencing a range of senior stakeholders and challenging decision making to help drive continuous improvements,
- Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written), stay calm and work well under pressure to meet competing deadlines,
- Solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective/ evidence based decisions and influence recommendations and decisions using insights,
- Consultative style with the ability to breakdown complex information to suit target audience,
- Resilient to change, adapting to and supporting new situations with confidence,
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to think independently and draw conclusions.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.