Site Reliability Engineer
Paris, France /
Central - Engineering – SRE /
Permanent contract / CDI
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.
- Reporting to our SRE Manager, you will be a member of Ledger’s SRE team driving technology's transformation by launching new platforms, building tools, automating away complex issues, and integrating with the latest technology.
- Site Reliability Engineers leverage their experience as software and systems engineers to ensure applications integrated by SRE are available, have full stack observability and have continuous improvement through code and automation.
- We are looking for an experienced candidate in reliability engineering who thrives on and enjoys solving complex problems through innovation and impacting change at scale.
- You will bring a strong mixture of software engineering, operations, and systems engineering experience to the role, and you have experience in the integration of complex systems.
In this role you will:
- Participate in building a DevOps / SRE culture and enable the transition to modern infrastructure management and deployment practices
- Participate in building the SRE team roadmap (vision and delivery accountability). Anticipate stakeholder needs, game-changing technologies emergence and challenge scope / deadlines
- Perform integration of platform software components
- Participate to design and deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of systems
- Influence and create standards & best practices in support of service level objectives
- Automate key SRE metrics including SLOs/SLAs and error budgets
- Provide expert support to our level-2/application support team, to troubleshoot priority incidents, and conduct post-mortems
- Apply analytics on past incidents and usage patterns to predict issues and take proactive actions
- Ensure control of technical debt and promote quality practices
- Follow SRE and chaos engineering approaches across all strategic systems to predict in coordination with Service Design and prevent outages and improve solution availability
- Drive adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns such as circuit breaker, bulkhead, etc.
- Design and conduct performance tests, identify the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years on cloud engineering at scale, on organizations operating SaaS solutions
- Proficiency working in Unix/Linux environments, Git, Python, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS cloud solutions and architectures, CI/CD tools, configuration management, etc.
- Strong knowledge on observability practices, with experience implementing and managing Logging, Monitoring and Alerting framework with solutions such as Datadog or Prometheus/Grafana.
- Experience of cross-functional work and the ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with regards to building key relationships across the organization and define projects scope, goals, plan and deliverables
- “Customer focused” with the ability to identify and understand both internal and external customer's needs
- Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Excellent presentation and written communicationAbility to deal with ambiguity, high level of pressure and rapidly changing environments
- Engineering degree
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.