Firmware Engineer - Origin services / IoT platform
Paris, France /
Engineering – Firmware /
Founded in 2014, Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. Headquartered in Paris with offices in Vierzon, London, New York and Singapore, Ledger’s team of 200 professionals develop a variety of products and services to safeguard digital critical assets for individuals and companies - including the Ledger hardware wallets line already in 165 countries. Ledger has grown into the clear leader in crypto assets security, having sold 1.6m+ Ledger devices worldwide, launching enterprise solutions for financial institutions with the Ledger Vault, and now addressing a unique security offer designed for the IoT market.
Ledger Origin brings the security and blockchain expertise Ledger is known for to new application fields, such as data certification in IoT and development kits on highly secured environments. Our product line ranges from custom embedded devices to cloud services and hardware security. We work closely with the other R&D departments at Ledger to provide state-of-the-art solutions and beyond.
Ledger Origin is looking for an experienced firmware engineer to join its R&D team. The scope includes development on embedded devices, contribution to hardware specifications, development of the QA and production pipelines and R&D prototypes to support product leads and requirements.
We are a small multidisciplinary team working in a fast paced environment and we are looking for a highly autonomous, tech savvy person, with a hands-on problem solving attitude, a strong innovation mindset and sensibility to industrial-grade software quality. Our firmware stack is composed of proprietary secure OS and RF low-power mesh protocol, ST MCU, sensors and embedded software (custom U-Boot, device tree, Linux kernel, Yocto rootfs), embedded C in a secure environment (HSM) and Python scripts.
- Deliver new features that meet security and power consumption requirements.
- Design and develop the tool chain for QA and production pipelines.
- Reinforce firmware expertise in a multidisciplinary team.
- Support our hardware team to develop, validate and integrate new features on embedded devices.
- Contribute to hardware specifications to meet product requirements.
- Work closely with software engineers to deliver a robust end to end solution.
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Highly proficient in C or C++ development.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language such as Python or shell scripts.
- Autonomous and well organized.
- Strong interest in IoT oriented communication protocols (LoRaWAN, Sigfox, GNSS).
- Ability to trace and debug serial bus communication (I²C, serial, SPI, USB).
- Ability to understand and debug low level embedded Linux (device tree, U-Boot, kernel drivers).
- Proven track record of delivering embedded software to production.
- Understanding of the importance of quality assurance in industrial-grade applications.
- Resourceful, open-minded and curious.
Nice to have / willingness to learn
- Hands-on experience with CI pipelines with embedded devices.
- General knowledge or interest in cryptography and blockchain ecosystem.
- Hands-on experience with electronic lab devices (oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, logic analyzer).
- Interest in bringing security to the IoT field.
- Competitive compensation package, and BSPCE / Share warrants for entrepreneurs options in Series B (2018) startup.
- Flexible working hours, remote friendly environment.
- Strong focus on personal development, including internal and external trainings, and attendance to conferences,
- Internal talks, technical meetups, and hackathons.
- High performance equipment for your work, 5 weeks of paid vacation + 10 days of RTT.
- Comprehensive health insurance with medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr).
- Reimbursement for sports and cultural activities.
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent parties, snacks and drinks.
- Employee discount on Ledger products.