BackEnd Services / Software Engineer
Engineering – Software /
About the role
Ledger is a technology leader in digital asset and cryptocurrencies security solutions with more than 1.5 M Nano S sold.
We are looking for a backend developer. You will be responsible for developing and scaling a backend applications to allow hundreds thousand people to process their transaction in the cryptocurrency world.
Do you want to develop high performance solutions ? Thriving for the best software quality is a requirement for your day to day tasks. Join of team, be part of one of the world’s leaders in one of the most innovative technology sectors!
You will join the backend services team which is responsible to build services that power Ledger products.
The team is composed of passionate Engineers who believe into the benefits and strength of functional programming to develop robust and scalable platform and APIs.
We are convinced that being an engineer is also taking time to challenge, discuss and share about what we are working on. We take time to have each week a dedicated knowledge sharing meeting and participate actively in the Scala community (Meetups, Conferences, etc…).
- Build highly available, consistent and performant services to power Ledger’s products
- Provide services to explore the contents of blockchain and provide wallet like features support of many cryptos (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Tezos, Stellar …)
- Leverage all the power of functional programming with Scala and the Typelevel stack.
- Conduct benchmarks to identify bottlenecks and optimize the overall performance of our services
- Deliver high quality piece of software (Test it, Document it, Demonstrate it)
- Design monitoring systems to detect unexpected failures / behavior
- Use CI / CD to deploy and secure workflows
Desired skills and qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in backend robust development
- Scala, Haskell or functional programming experience is a nice to have
- Java developers who are willing to dive into Scala technologies are welcome
- Database knowledge: SQL / NoSQL
- Adaptability to do teamwork in a fast-evolving environment
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment solutions
- You are autonomous, proactive and capable of self-training
- Knowledge of Containerization and Cloud deployments
- Having an interest in cryptocurrencies and wishing to work with blockchain technology is a real plus
- Enthusiastic about teamwork, learning and teaching (meet-ups, hackathons, trainings …)
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to the Company policy
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment,
- Strong focus on personal development including internal/external trainings and attendance to conferences,
- Internal talks, technical meetups and hackathons,
- High performance office equipment,
- Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage,
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr),
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks,
- Employee discount on Ledger products.
Ledger guarantees equity for all during the recruitment process, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age