Software Engineering Manager
Engineering – Software /
Founded in 2014, Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. Headquartered in Paris, Vierzon and New York, Ledger has a team of 200+ professionals developing a variety of products and services to safeguard cryptocurrency assets for individuals and companies – including the Ledger hardware wallets line already sold in 165 countries.To sustain the company's growth, Ledger is looking for a new talent, key individual contributor of our team, to work on the organisation & efficiency of our Engineering teams.
- Manage, mentor and lead a global team
- Build and manage a team of developers focused on addressing our educational vision and ambition.
- Lead the efficient delivery for time-boxed software releases, ensuring high quality and innovative feature development
- Support the development and training of direct reports through regular performance evaluations
- Hold 1-on-1s and develop performance evaluations for direct reports
- Work with engineers to grow their technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills, and ensure they have the right challenges and necessary context to make use of them.
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class promotional courses, programs and platforms
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, hire, onboard and retain diverse top talent
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years of combined experience in managing software teams of 8+ engineers.
- B.S. Computer Science degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Comfortable in dealing with change and uncertainty during the software development lifecycleStrong oral and written communication skills
- You have excellent communication skills with which to build relationships, trust, and respect, and are able to leverage this to grow people and the organisation.
- You love developing and growing people.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership skills while working with engineers.
- You are excited about making culture choices that positively impact the team.
- Having a strong interest in cryptocurrencies and wishing to work with blockchain technology is a plus
- Competitive compensation package, and BSPCE / Share warrants for entrepreneurs options in Series B (2018) startup.
- Flexible working hours, remote friendly environment.
- Strong focus on personal development, including internal and external trainings, and attendance to conferences.
- Internal talks, technical meetups, and hackathons.
- High performance equipment for your work.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation + 10 days of RTT.
- Comprehensive health insurance with medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr).
- Reimbursement for sports and cultural activities.
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days; plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks.
- Employee discount on Ledger products.