Senior Firmware Engineer
Consumer - Engineering – Firmware Consumer /
Permanent contract / CDI
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
To sustain the company's growth, Ledger is looking for a new talent to work in the embedded firmware team (in charge of the hardware wallets’ Bolos Operating System) in order to take care of existing products' firmware evolution and next products’ firmware development.
- Work on the firmware specification, implementation and testing
- Implement secure and documented source code
- Implement the associated SDK aimed at firmware applications development
- Architecture and source code optimization
- Ensure the quality of the implemented features with tests
- Ensure the security of the source code regarding security certifications constraints
- Security team for software vulnerabilities assessment and corrections
- Firmware Applications team for SDK evolutions
- Hardware team for prototyping and production
- Product team for requirements definition
- Customer Success team for end users issues assessment and corrections
What we’re looking for
- Required - Diploma in Computer Sciences, Engineering or related discipline
- Required - Good communication skills
- Required - Interest in software and hardware attacks and their countermeasures
- Desired - Blockchain knowledge
- Required - Embedded C software development
- Preferred - AOSP and/or embedded Linux and/or TrustZone knowledge
- Preferred - Embedded development on secure elements
- Desired - Embedded Rust software development
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.