Head of Regulatory Affairs, EMEA
Corporate Functions – Legal /
Permanent contract / CDI
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.
In this context of growth, Ledger is seeking to reinforce its Legal Department, led by its General Counsel, in order to ensure the business continues to scale amidst an uncertain regulatory outlook.
As Head of Regulatory Affairs for EMEA, you will report to the Global Head of Policy and be part of a team composed of dynamic and talented lawyers from different backgrounds and various industries. You will be exposed to cutting edge legal and policy topics in the rapidly evolving blockchain and crypto industry, where the story is yet to be written.
You will be responsible for managing regulatory issues emanating from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. You may contribute to regulatory initiatives originating from other regions. You will advise and assist the business in solving regulatory questions and building compliant product offerings in both the retail and enterprise channels.
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise of the changing regulatory landscape in the areas of digital assets, banking, finance and capital markets.
- Advise business units and senior leadership on the development and adaptation of products, business lines and business models in light of existing or anticipated regulatory requirements.
- Define and execute strategies to proactively influence the development of favorable digital asset regulation in EMEA.
- Coordinate with the Global Head of Policy on identifying and reacting to significant public policy challenges and opportunities with respect to Ledger’s business priorities.
- Build strong relationships with other regulatory professionals in the digital asset and traditional finance ecosystems, as well as with relevant governmental authorities and multinational bodies.
- Head up the development of Ledger’s responses to regulatory proposals, solicitations and consultations.
- Head up the response of Ledger to regulatory inquiries, examinations or investigations, and contribute to crisis response teams as assigned.
- Represent Ledger’s perspective on regulatory policy through public speaking and written thought leadership.
- Assist the Global Head of Policy in managing outside consultants and membership organisations.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 8 years experience at a financial regulatory agency or policymaking body, or covering regulatory topics in the legal, fintech, or financial services sectors. Prior crypto industry experience a plus
- Knowledgeable about blockchain technology and the European crypto-asset regulatory landscape, particularly MiCA and the EU AML Package
- Knowledgeable about EU, UK, and French financial regulations, such as those applicable to crypto-asset service providers, payment services providers, E-money institutions, banks and custodians, financial instrument issuers, and trading platforms
- Specific knowledge of AML/CFT and financial sanctions law and international standards is desirable
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new regulatory subject matters and jurisdictions
- Proven relationships with key stakeholders, including at regulatory agencies and international bodies such as the European Commission, ESMA, EBA, FCA, AMF, ACPR, DG Tresor, and OECD/FATF
- Fluency in French and English required; proficiency in other EMEA languages a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; comfort with public speaking
- Ability to independently lead and execute challenging engagements with the highest integrity and ethics
- Collaborative team player with an ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to think strategically and commercially, and offer both practical and theoretical advice demonstrating knowledge of the product, technology, and good business instincts
- At ease in a fast paced, innovative environment; comfort with ambiguity and confidence operating in environments that lack legal clarity
- Ability to prioritise and multitask; flexibility and adaptability in the workplace
- Creative, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial
- A good sense of humor and ability to not take oneself too seriously
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Willingness to register as a lobbyist if required
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.