Staff Engineer - Ledger Vault
Entreprise - Engineering – Vault SE /
Permanent contract / CDI
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
We are building disruptive engineering teams in the UK (London)
- Influence a technical Squad of 5 to 7 backend engineers.
- Bring in your technical expertise to guide and design innovative technical solutions to ever-changing cryptocurrencies challenges.
- Work closely with the Product and Business teams to define and understand end-user requirements, and translate them into pragmatic technical solutions.
- Develop and enhance our solution’s governance and orchestration layer
- Enrich existing components with client-facing public APIs, adding metrics and respecting industry standards and best practices.
- Collaborate closely with other technical teams: Firmware development, Infra & Ops, Front-end development, QA and Delivery to build and improve an industry-leading SaaS security solution using cryptographic modules (HSM) and blockchain interfaces.
- Participate in technical meetings with our top clients to guide their usage of our platform and APIs.
What we’re looking for
- You have experience in managing a technical team of engineers who work on a complex solution
- You're ideally experienced in SaaS development
- You have very good technical skills and professional experience in backend Python development.
- You’re results-oriented and keep in mind performance, scalability and costs when you design new components/features.
- You’re a great communicator, able to get your ideas across to people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- You’re curious, with a willingness to learn about various topics besides your immediate scope.
- You have worked in a multicultural environment, seamlessly communicating in English is a MUST.
- You have experience in production support of a client-facing application.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.