Backend Engineer - Blockchain Application
Entreprise - Engineering – Vault SE /
Permanent contract / CDI
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
Ledger is looking for a Backend Engineer. You will be responsible for developing and scaling a backend application to allow big financial institutions to process their transactions in the cryptocurrency world.
The Ledger Vault is a SaaS solution addressing the need to safeguard very large and diversified amounts of cryptocurrencies while mitigating both IT and physical assault threats. This enterprise-grade solution’s security is based on "HSM" (Hardware Security Module) and hardware authenticators. It is a turnkey SaaS hardware/software suite enabling handling multiple cryptocurrencies through advanced governance rules such as multi-authorization, rate-limiting, and time-locking.
We are looking for talents to build a solid and scalable platform for BtoB financial market.
- Design and develop our governance and orchestration layer; and a set of complex APIs
- Communicate with cryptographic modules (HSM), and blockchain interfaces
- Integrate new cryptocurrencies on Vault
- Work closely with the Product team to define and understand end-user requirements, and translate them into pragmatic technical solutions
- Work in cross-team environment: You will be in direct contact with Vault’s Frontend and QA engineers, but also with cross-functional teams such as Core, Firmware, Infrastructure, and Operations
- Participate in firefighting sessions, and interface with stakeholders like Technical Account Managers
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in Backend / Software Engineering role, preferably in a product-based startup environment
- 3+ years of experience in Python as the primary language (Flask or Django)
- Capable of self-training on backend languages like Scala / C++ / NodeJS
- Familiarity with software development best practices - version-control, code-reviews, testing, CI/CD
- Work in an agile environment (Scrum/XP/Kanban)
- Work in a multicultural environment - English is a MUST
- You have a sound knowledge of RESTful API design, standards and best practices
- You have an interest in other API frameworks (e.g. GraphQL), and dabble in message based systems
- You are keen to step outside your area of expertise, and contribute to all parts of a product
- You have an interest in cryptocurrencies, and blockchain technology
- You are active in the open-source community, speak at conferences, attend meetups, write blogs, contribute code, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.