Head of Communications and PR
New York /
Consumer - Marketing – Marketing /
Permanent contract / CDI
Founded in 2014, Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications.
Headquartered in Paris, we have a factory in Vierzon and offices in Montpellier, Grenoble, London, New York, Singapore. Today, we're a team of 400 professionals, gather around developing a variety of products and services to safeguard cryptocurrency assets for private person and companies – including the Ledger hardware wallets line already sold at more than 3.5 million customers in 165 countries.
As the Head of Communications you will lead all aspects of Ledger’s PR and media relations, in alignment with our broader company goals. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll work closely with the executive team and product leaders to craft a cohesive, consumer-facing media strategy and drive its delivery. A seasoned communications leader, you will be responsible for a broad set of media touch points to maintain and extend Ledger’s prominence in the public sphere.
- Develop and implement media relations plans for technical products and Ledger’s brand stories
- Strengthen existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with print, online, broadcast reporters, producers, bloggers and influencers
- Reactively respond to media inquiries, educate reporters, correct misperceptions and work with the team on issues and crisis communications.
- Work with executives around the company to position thought leaders and content with top tier media outlets
- Collabore closely with communications team, content, growth marketing, product marketing teams to implement the company’s external communication strategy
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, and create press materials including media pitches, FAQs, fact sheets in a fast-paced environment
- Storymine with executives to create thoughtful pitches and narratives
- Measure and report impact of campaigns using key performance indicators
- 5-8 years of public relations experience preferably with a fintech or agency serving fintech clients
- Passion for crypto and Ledger’s mission
- Experience working with executives at major company or fast-paced startup
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Knowledge and understanding of the cryptocurrency or blockchain landscape
- Self-starter that is capable of independently pushing projects to completion
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to Company policy
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment, casual office atmosphere
- Strong focus on personal development Internal talks, technical meetups and hackathons
- Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Employee discount on Ledger products
- Contract: Permanent
- Location New York
Ledger guarantees equal opportunity for all during the recruitment process, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.