Physical Security Specialist
Central - Corporate Security – Corporate Security /
Permanent contract / CDI
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
The Physical Security Specialist reports directly to Ledger Head of Physical Security and will be accountable for specific physical security related activities across Ledger as defined by Head of Physical Security and Corporate Security Dept.
Main work activities cover coordination and facilitation of safety and security matters, ensuring sites safety/security process respect, as well as incident management and reporting in all Ledger sites and external platforms.
The Physical Security Specialist focuses primarily on daily potential issues susceptible to threaten Ledger locations and employees, and provides punctual operational solutions to ensure assets resilience and employees security and safety.
About the team
You will join an experienced global team of security and resiliency professionals.
- Team is responsible for safety and security, business continuity, and incident management group.
- Diverse and multicultural, with team members in France, USA, Singapore, UK and Switzerland
- Solution and client-oriented mindset and “getting things done” attitude.
- Strong collaboration
- Assists to manage and coordinate security service providers interventions and field performances (CCTV, Manned Guarding, telemonitoring, badging,etc).
- Promotes adherence to relevant Safety & Security policies and standards among Ledger internal and external users.
- Is involved in Ledger onsite and offsite large events through security and safety assessments and agreed measures implementation.
- Follows up Ledger construction projects to ensure security designs are fully adhered to.
- Regularly audit the CCTV devices and access control system and database to ensure they are functioning properly and remove irregularities.
- Supports and supervises the implementation of security and safety actions as defined by the Head of Physical Security.
- Targets related physical security incidents for reporting and punctual corrective actions implementation.
- Assists to monitor developments in the continuity risk landscape through development of preventive, protective and post-event mitigation measures.
- Assists in conducting risk-based on-site safety/security and business continuity reviews.
- Assists with internal security investigations.
What we’re looking for
- You have:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience in similar physical security role.
- Familiar with the GENETEC management tool.
- A certification or degree in a safety/security, or incident management discipline (SSIAP 1 or 2 / Field experience taken in consideration).
- Experience in incident and business continuity management (exercises and real incidents), including use of respective tools
- Good level of English in order to be able to interact daily with various teams and non-French speakers.
- Understanding of digital technologies, e.g. mobile apps, mass notification and training tools is beneficial
- CCTV, Alarm, access controls, Intrusion, SAZ, etcA good ability to visualise and explain issues to wider audiences, at all levels
- Able to travel if needed
- You are:
- A collaborative, engaging, positive teammate
- Dedicated, confident, with high integrity
- Motivated with excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable working independently
- A fast learner and good listener
- Interested in keeping abreast and maintaining situational awareness of relevant developments
- Client, service and solution-oriented, but nevertheless a critical (independent) thinker
- A skilled negotiator and facilitator
- At ease liaising at all hierarchical levels
- Dedicated to high quality outcomes, even under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.