Reno, NV /
Product Design /
Full Time- Remote
Ledger8760 is on a mission to help companies, cities, and communities achieve their climate goals by operationalizing energy, financial, and GhG emissions data. We empower our customers to see and act on their data in real-time, to achieve their climate goals and cost savings through innovative solutions like Carbon Tools™ & Energy Tracker™.
Ledger’s growing team has deep expertise in energy policy, Human Centered Design, FinTech, and data science. We are a passionate, semi-distributed team (sometimes we work in-person, sometimes we work over Zoom) collaborating in an agile process—pairing developers, designers, & product owners to build products that meet our customers’ core needs.
We are looking for a product designer with strong visual communication skills, to grow with Ledger as we scale up design across the organization. As a product designer, you’ll leverage visual design skills and product thinking to build wireframes & high-fidelity mocks, facilitate user research & internal collaborative design exercises, and support occasional brand & business development needs (e.g. marketing website & pitch decks).
You’ll play a key role in supporting a major evolution of our SaaS product—moving from our current MVP into tracking, forecasting, and reporting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals for a range of customers across industries and cities. You’ll work closely with the Product Design Director to help translate customer-centered research insights into design decisions, iterating on and developing new features with our product & engineering team.
- Leverage your visual and interaction design skills to deliver consistent and cohesive design across various projects and timelines
- Collaborate successfully with the Product Design Director, developers, and business owners, to iteratively improve the current product and implement new product solutions over time
- Contribute to building Ledger’s evolving design system (e.g. product components) and help develop design standards (elements of brand identity)
- Take responsibility for the evolution of Ledger’s external-facing marketing website (with direction from Design Director)
- Integrate with Ledger’s agile team and complex domain, while contributing your perspective to the way we tackle wicked problems in the energy & sustainability space.
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your application and/or resume.
- Proficiency in Figma & Adobe Creative suite
- Excellent visual communication design skills
- Ability to empathize from a customer’s perspective
- User research experience—facilitation skills & synthesis experience
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and site maps
- Can clearly present ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- A generative approach to design & comfort with ambiguity
- A collaborative spirit and ability to make others successful
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn a new, complex domain
- Job location somewhat negotiable; will require some travel
Bonus Skills and Qualities
- Experience with standards or protocols for state, federal, or financial reporting
- Familiarity with international climate protocols
- Experience related to energy and natural resources a plus
- Experience or interest in learning Agile methodology
- Passion for sustainability & learning more about complex energy sectors
- Humility, and a curiosity to experiment and learn new things
NOTE: A real, genuine human will review your application upon submission.