Product Manager, Practice Finance
San Francisco, CA
Lendeavor is the first and only technology-enabled lender to healthcare practices. We disrupted banks by bringing together a team of software engineers, computer scientists, financiers, lawyers, credit risk experts, and academics to build a digital financing experience that’s 10 times better than the status quo. Since making our first loan in mid-2016, we’ve rapidly become a leading lender in our space.
We’re on a mission to become the first and only digital healthcare bank. Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. Our communities depend on doctors and their valuable time, so the hours we save them from archaic bank application and closing processes have an enormous impact. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money.
About the role:
Lendeavor is seeking an experienced product manager to take complex processes and transform them into simple, straightforward, and delightful online experiences. Are you passionate about understanding complex business processes? Do you love diving into details with your team and helping your teammates succeed? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into real plans? If so, this might be a great fit for you.
Practice finance is a unique cross-section of commercial lending and consumer finance, and in this role you'll get exposure to many different deal structures while maintaining a close connection to your customer and keeping your finger on the pulse of the overall market. You'll also play a pivotal role in developing the roadmap for our core product, leading a cross-functional team in building features that scale our business.
What you'll do:
- Manage multiple projects at different stages of product development while staying well ahead of your "must-do" list
- Define the scope and goals of your projects, coordinating seamlessly with your business partners, designers, and engineers every step of the way
- Connect with our different customer segments directly -- using our sales team as a liaison -- to get quantitative and qualitative insights on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams in sales, credit, loan operations, capital markets, and finance, as well as various partners in the practice finance community
- Work with an incredibly down-to-earth, talented, inspired, eccentric, nerdy-at-times, and fun-loving team that values well-roundedness, hard work, focus, and work-life balance
- Obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship
- Accountable for your own actions and for the actions of your team
- Curious about credit, lending, risk, regulation, capital markets, and finance (and able to translate that curiosity into understanding!)
- Humble, with the right blend of introversion and extroversion that leads you to continuously request feedback and incorporate input from your team members and partners
- Able to think strategically while knowing when to stop thinking and start getting things done
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial; up for the challenges that come with a rapidly growing team at an early-stage company
- Resilient, focused, and prepared for the ups, downs, and growing pains of startup life
- 4+ years of product management experience (experience at a startup or fintech company a plus)
- Empathy for users
- Deep listening skills
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience running numerous experiments with a facility for working with data
- Passion for innovation in finance with B2C and B2B customers
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.