Member Success Specialist
Lendeavor is the first and only technology-enabled lender to healthcare practices. We disrupted banks by bringing together a team of software engineers, computer scientists, financiers, lawyers, credit risk experts, and academics to build a digital financing experience that’s 10 times better than the status quo. Since making our first loan in mid-2016, we’ve rapidly become a leading lender in our space.
We’re on a mission to become the first and only digital healthcare bank. Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. Our communities depend on doctors and their valuable time, so the hours we save them from archaic bank application and closing processes have an enormous impact. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money.
About the role:
We're looking for driven, coachable professionals to join our fast-growing, Columbus-based credit team. Reporting to the Director of Credit, you'll help us monitor one of the top-performing portfolios in all of small-business lending, contributing to the ongoing success of the practices owned by Lendeavor members. Although this is officially a credit role, it is also a customer service role -- for the borrowers we fund, you will become their most frequent point of contact and thus in many ways the "face" of Lendeavor from their perspective.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the collection of quarterly and annual financial statements from current Lendeavor members
- Review members' financial statements and identify any changes in business performance or risk profile
- Assist credit team and company leadership in supporting members experiencing financial or general business hardship
- Field, fluently answer, and escalate as necessary questions from members about new financing and/or business opportunities
- Create a feeling of approachability, empathy, and support for our members
What we're looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, investments, business, data analysis, or related mathematical or quantitative discipline
- Experience in customer service or other customer-facing position
- Familiarity with business financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in helping customers feel comfortable on the phone
- The tenacity needed to find a way to connect with someone who isn't responding to you
- A love of organization, efficiency, and process
Not required, but nice to have:
- At least one full year of experience in commercial underwriting, portfolio management, or a similar financial analysis position
- Experience reviewing personal credit reports, business tax returns, personal tax returns, and personal balance sheets
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.