Director of Human Resources
San Francisco, CA
Lendeavor is the first and only technology-enabled lender to healthcare practices. We disrupted banks by bringing together a team of software engineers, computer scientists, financiers, lawyers, credit risk experts, and academics to build a digital financing experience that’s 10 times better than the status quo. Since making our first loan in mid-2016, we’ve rapidly become a leading lender in our space.
We’re on a mission to become the first and only digital healthcare bank. Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. Our communities depend on doctors and their valuable time, so the hours we save them from archaic bank application and closing processes have an enormous impact. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money.
About the role:
Lendeavor started in a one-bedroom San Francisco apartment and is now a team of 40+ located across the country, from our downtown San Francisco headquarters to our credit and operations hub in Columbus to our numerous remote team members. As we embark upon our most significant growth yet, we're looking for a seasoned human resources leader to take the reins and build our HR function from the ground up.
What you'll do:
- Help design our HR organization and function
- Prepare, update, and recommend HR policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations by accurately compiling and submitting data for mandated reporting at the federal, state, and local levels
- Help with recruiting for open roles
- Design programs and develop strategies for engaging remote team members
- Manage the employee on-boarding process, from offer letters to administration to first-day orientation
- Manage the off-boarding process
- Manage our HR software (Gusto)
- Manage our ATS (Lever)
- Manage our benefits planning and administration
- Monitor and manage employee morale and performance
What we're looking for:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years in HR, people operations, or related fields
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience at a rapid-growth startup
- Passion for promoting culture and company values
- Significant experience contributing to compensation policy and philosophy development
- Passion for developing employee engagement programs
- Experience optimizing employee satisfaction
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal employment law
- Experience developing and managing employee feedback and performance reviews
- Experience coaching new managers
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.