San Francisco, CA
Lendeavor is the first and only technology-enabled lender to healthcare practices. We disrupted banks by bringing together a team of software engineers, computer scientists, financiers, lawyers, credit risk experts, and academics to build a digital financing experience that’s 10 times better than the status quo. Since making our first loan in mid-2016, we’ve rapidly become a leading lender in our space.
We’re on a mission to become the first and only digital healthcare bank. Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. Our communities depend on doctors and their valuable time, so the hours we save them from archaic bank application and closing processes have an enormous impact. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money.
About the role:
We're looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Senior Accountant to take on a diverse, fast-paced mix of accounting and operational duties. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you'll have the opportunity to help us build our finance function from the ground up.
What you'll do:
- Develop processes and systems to operationally streamline the accounting function and its relationships with business teams
- Reconcile bank accounts daily
- Manage our accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Own the accounting of loan fundings, sales, and servicing
- Initiate treasury transactions for approval
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Perform monthly flux analysis on our income statement, researching and explaining material variances
- Lead month-close process, ensuring monthly financial statements are issued on time
- Collaborate proactively with all business teams on process and control improvements
- Review agreements with capital providers and understand accounting implications
- Identify and contribute to other accounting and reporting items as needed
What we're looking for:
- B.S. or B.A. in accounting
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Experience in financial services, lending, or specialty finance
- CPA (required)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Xero, Quickbooks, Netsuite, Oracle, and SQL
- The ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Outstanding teamwork
- Exceptional prioritization
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.