Member Insurance Specialist
Columbus, OH /
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors and Fifth Third Bank, Lendeavor is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan only three years ago, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
Lendeavor is looking for an entrepreneurial, licensed insurance agent to play a foundational role in standing up an industry-shaping new line of business for the company. In this position, you will guide hundreds of current and aspiring practice owners as they navigate the complex landscape of personal and business insurance while they secure financing for some of the most impactful transactions of their careers and lives. This is a cross-functional role enabling exposure to account management, new business development, sales, product, and partner operations. Compensation will include a competitive base and commission structure, in addition to company-sponsored benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a generous 401(k) match.
What you'll do:
- Manage a full pipeline of healthcare practitioners in the process of obtaining personal and business insurance policies required to close on their practice and commercial real estate loans
- Facilitate a streamlined application process for life, disability, property, and liability insurance policies tailored to the needs of practice owners
- Tenaciously advance deals, increasing conversion and reducing attrition by removing obstacles and motivating the players involved when necessary
- Knowledgeably and empathetically help doctors understand the ins and outs of the policies they’re obtaining, providing detail when necessary but also keeping them focused on the bigger goal of meeting their closing and funding timelines
- Work closely with a network of preferred insurance-carrier partners, developing efficient submission processes, clear lines of communication, and timely reporting
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality and professionalism, particularly when dealing with sensitive health information
- Understand and respect the required separation between this new insurance business and our existing lending business -- you’ll be a big part of Lendeavor, but in a unique way!
- Help us envision the future of insurance at Lendeavor and figure out just how big this opportunity can be
- Maintain active licenses and necessary certifications across all 50 states
- Help develop the Lendeavor insurance cross-selling process while contributing to company OKRs
- Be a positive representative of the Lendeavor brand in the healthcare practice industry by providing best-in-class service
- Enable a strong feedback loop from customers to the company’s product, marketing, and revenue organizations -- and external partners -- to scale growth
What we're looking for:
- An active life & health insurance license, or an active property & casualty insurance license -- preferably both!
- 3-5 years of experience selling insurance policies to individuals or small business owners, preferably in a small-agency environment where you had to wear multiple hats
- Incredible tenacity -- you find a way to get something done even when the path isn’t clear
- The ability to build rapport with customers to earn trust and establish credibility
- Expert-level prioritization -- you’re able to keep a large pipeline moving forward by focusing on the right customers at the right time
- Comfort working with underwriters to understand requirements for policy approval
- A strong foundation in regulatory compliance and information security as they apply to insurance sales
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to build something from the ground up
- Attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, and a love of teamwork
- Experience working with Salesforce or an equivalent CRM software
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience at an insurtech company
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.