Senior Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors, Lendeavor is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan only three years ago, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
What we need:
You are passionate about automation of infrastructure configuration and management and systems security. You are excited about being part of a purpose-driven organization that's helping to reduce the financial burden of healthcare professionals. Building a modern bank requires engineers with expertise in distributed systems architecture, infrastructure as a service, and information security best practices. Lendeavor is looking for an experienced lead infrastructure engineer to be a foundational member of the team.
What you'll do:
- Manage our AWS and Heroku environments
- Implement best practices for automating configuration management using Terraform and CloudFormation
- Support our engineering organization through implementation of tooling and best practices for CI/CD using CodePipeline, CodeShip, GitHub
- Manage operational needs of our RDBMS system (Postgres), and NOSQL solutions (Redis)
- Manage our AWS infrastructure, including components such as S3, ELB, ECS containers, EC2 instances
- Work with engineering and IT to configure systems and network topology to support application development and our IT environment with appropriate security contexts
- Monitor applications and infrastructure for security vulnerabilities to ensure compliance with our SOC-2 Type II requirements
- Work with third party to facilitate annual penetration test and promptly remediate any findings
- Work to continually improve the engineering process through collaboration
What you have:
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems or devops engineering experience
- High proficiency with Terraform or equivalent
- High proficiency with Linux and bash/shell scripting
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Prior operating experience with Docker/ECS/Kubernetes
- Prior operating experience with Postgres and Redis
- Prior operating experience with messaging systems (RabbitMQ, SQS, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated understanding of systems design principles and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP and networking components
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior startup or growth company experience preferred
- Prior fintech or financial services experience preferred
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.