Information Technology Manager
San Francisco, CA
Lendeavor is the first and only technology-enabled lender to healthcare practices. We disrupted banks by bringing together a team of software engineers, computer scientists, financiers, lawyers, credit risk experts, and academics to build a digital financing experience that’s 10 times better than the status quo. Since making our first loan in mid-2016, we’ve rapidly become a leading lender in our space.
We’re on a mission to become the first and only digital healthcare bank. Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. Our communities depend on doctors and their valuable time, so the hours we save them from archaic bank application and closing processes have an enormous impact. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money.
About the role:
Building a modern bank requires implementing modern approaches to meet the stringent information security and compliance requirements of a state- and federally-regulated financial institution. Lendeavor is looking for an experienced IT manager to assume leadership of its IT organization. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you'll have the opportunity to build Lendeavor's IT function from the ground up.
What you'll do:
- Own the corporate IT function across Lendeavor's 75-person, two-location business
- Support the growth of the company by hiring additional IT professionals as needed
- Maintain the IT organization's budget and advise the VP of Engineering on IT spending
- Implement IT procedures that are compliant with the company's information security program
- Implement and maintain an IT asset tracking and management system
- Implement LDAP/Active Directory and SSO to centralize control over user security
- Implement endpoint security/AV policies and procedures
- Own responsibility for physical security systems, ISPs, and IT infrastructure for the company's two primary offices (San Francisco and Columbus)
- Work closely with the people operations function to establish IT policies and procedures for on- and off-boarding employees and contractors
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering and Senior Director of Capital Markets on responses to investor and bank partner requests for IT due diligence and periodic audits
- Oversee annual SSAE-16 audit process, implement systems and processes as needed, and respond to information requests
- Advise the business on the selection and implementation of additional IT software and systems
- Act as an outstanding representative of the IT organization both internally and externally
- Deliver white-glove service for executive and board personnel as needed
What we're looking for:
- A proven leader with 3+ years of experience as an IT manager
- Prior experience as an IT professional in a regulated environment
- Experience implementing IT systems and processes needed for SOC-1 Type II compliance
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to recruit, mentor, and coach others as needed to hire and retain a talented IT team
Not required, but nice to have:
- Prior experience in a startup or high-growth company
- Prior experience in a fintech environment
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.