San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors, Lendeavor is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan only three years ago, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
What we need:
You are passionate about automation and reducing complexity. You are excited about being part of a purpose-driven organization that's helping to reduce the financial burden of healthcare professionals. Building a modern bank requires engineering leaders with expertise in distributed systems architecture, modern web frameworks, and information security best practices. Lendeavor is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to be a foundational member of the team.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of software engineers responsible for product delivery
- Recruit, train, and develop software engineers and support those engineers in obtaining their professional goals
- Leverage a coaching approach to maximize the performance of the team
- Work closely with a product leader to develop ideas into features and hypotheses that move the business forward
- Ensure the engineering team is meeting its product commitments
- Advocate, on behalf of engineers, to ensure adequate time is spent on addressing technical debt and other technology initiatives
- Lead an agile process, including daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Lead the team in continuous improvement by adopting lean agile techniques, including 5 Whys analysis
- Contribute feedback to enhance team performance by performing peer code reviews, writing clear documentation, and pairing as needed
- Partner with product managers to advise on feature-scope trade-offs and assist in the development of clear requirements
What you have:
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience with 2+ years of experience as a manager
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails
- A solid understanding of software design principles and best practices, including Domain Driven Design
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Kanban, or similar agile development methodology
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior startup or growth company experience preferred
- Prior fintech or financial services experience preferred
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.