Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors, Lendeavor is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan only three years ago, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
What we need:
You are passionate about automation and reducing complexity. You are excited about being part of a purpose-driven organization that's helping to reduce the financial burden of healthcare professionals. Building a modern bank requires engineers with expertise in distributed systems architecture, modern web frameworks, and information security best practices. Lendeavor is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to be a foundational member of the team.
What you'll do:
- Write elegant, readable code with an attention to performance, scalability, and availability
- Contribute feedback to enhance team performance by performing peer code reviews, writing clear documentation, and pairing
- Aid in the growth and development of the team by mentoring and coaching less experienced engineers
- Partner with product managers to advise on feature-scope trade-offs and assist in the development of clear requirements
- Own your work product, from inception to deployment
- Integrate with internal and external services and APIs
- Work to continually improve the engineering process through collaboration
- Influence product priority and project execution
What you have:
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- High proficiency with Ruby on Rails development
- A solid understanding of software design principles and best practices, including Domain Driven Design
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Kanban, or similar agile development methodology
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior startup or growth company experience preferred
- Prior fintech or financial services experience preferred
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.