Lendeavor is the first and only technology-enabled lender to healthcare practices. We disrupted banks by bringing together a team of software engineers, computer scientists, financiers, lawyers, credit risk experts, and academics to build a digital financing experience that’s 10 times better than the status quo. Since making our first loan in mid-2016, we’ve rapidly become a leading lender in our space.
We’re on a mission to become the first and only digital healthcare bank. Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. Our communities depend on doctors and their valuable time, so the hours we save them from archaic bank application and closing processes have an enormous impact. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money.
About the role:
We're looking for driven, experienced credit officers to join our fast-growing, Columbus-based credit team. Reporting to the Director of Credit, you'll collaborate with and learn from colleagues with decades of combined experience in practice finance, helping to grow one of the top-performing portfolios in all of small-business lending.
What you'll do:
- Perform global cash flow and balance sheet analysis for small-business healthcare loans of up to $2 million
- Independently prepare a written evaluation of a borrower's financial condition and future outlook, identifying risks and mitigation
- Independently collaborate with the sales team in developing loan structures that meet the needs of the customer and adhere to Lendeavor's risk appetite
- Assist and mentor the Member Success team in portfolio monitoring
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for process improvements and software development
- Mentor credit analysts to help them develop risk management skills and knowledge
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years in underwriting, portfolio monitoring, or similar business loan analysis
- Proficiency in basic software applications, particularly Excel
- Basic knowledge of commercial lending and credit standards, policies, procedures, and products
Not required, but nice to have:
- A background in healthcare and/or veterinary financial services
- Prior experience in customer service, account management, or similar customer-facing role
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.