San Francisco, CA
Lendeavor is the first and only technology-enabled lender to healthcare practices. We disrupted banks by bringing together a team of software engineers, computer scientists, financiers, lawyers, credit risk experts, and academics to build a digital financing experience that’s 10 times better than the status quo. Since making our first loan in mid-2016, we’ve rapidly become a leading lender in our space.
We’re on a mission to become the first and only digital healthcare bank. Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. Our communities depend on doctors and their valuable time, so the hours we save them from archaic bank application and closing processes have an enormous impact. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money.
About the role:
We're looking for an experienced and courageous product designer who loves to bring new ideas to life -- someone who perks up to listen in when a conversation breaks out in the hallway and doesn’t hesitate to jump in with the right clarifying questions for product and engineering. As our first design hire, you'll have the opportunity and responsibility to set the direction for the design function at Lendeavor.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with our lead product manager to provide input on product strategy and roadmap
- Execute on concepts that give early life to our top priorities
- Partner with our product team to design, launch, iterate on, and manage a series of experiments meant to validate customer demand
- Collaborate with product and engineering to stay ahead of the development cycle, providing detailed design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for important features
- Work side-by-side with engineering to ensure high-quality design implementation and user experience
- Solicit feedback from peers and teammates across the business
- Run usability and user tests directly with customers to inform the design direction
- Project-manage your own design deliverables so that they tie closely to product launch dates and business goals
- Collaborate on product OKRs while also developing your own design-related OKRs
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience as an individual contributor designing products with multiple types of users for responsive web
- A fundamental love for numbers
- A perspective on how data can fit elegantly into design
- A creative and extensive design portfolio that showcases depth and breadth of knowledge of design best practices
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Experience partnering with product managers and engineers to develop strategy and rationale for features
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Curiosity about the intersection of healthcare, business, and finance
Not required, but nice to have:
- Fintech experience, preferably related to lending
- Experience working on financial products
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.