Senior Data Engineer
Columbus, OH /
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors, Lendeavor is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan only three years ago, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
We’re looking for a curious, analytical, and detail-oriented individual who enjoys writing complex SQL, is comfortable with Tableau, and has knowledge or interest in Python, Scala, or R. This individual will help us better understand all quantitative aspects of our business by delivering key insights through data visualization and analysis, covering topics such as customer acquisition, funnel optimization, and processing efficiency -- amongst many others. This will be a highly cross-functional role supporting multiple business functions.
What you’ll do:
- Write complex SQL queries against a variety of data sources and data lakes
- Build ETL pipeline in AWS infrastructure using Python/Scala, AWS DMS, AWS Glue, and Redshift
- Build data visualizations using Tableau to enable business to more easily explore data
- Work cross-functionally with multiple departments to provide required analytics and insights needed to support the business needs
- Become an expert on our data, and work closely with engineering to improve the data model to serve the needs of data analytics and data science
- Develop models that explore our data using Python or R that yield additional insights into the business
What we’re looking for:
- Must love data!
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Expert-level SQL proficiency
- Expert-level Tableau proficiency
- Prior ETL experience
- Working knowledge of Python or Scala or R or similar and willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who works well with others
Not required, but nice to have:
- Prior experience with Salesforce
- Prior experience with Redshift
- Experience at a fintech or technology-enabled lender
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.