Principal DevOps/Cloud Engineer
Austin, TX /
Do you want to know why Lendio is an awesome place to work? It’s people like you.
As a company that puts a massive emphasis on work culture and community, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated, and good-spirited individuals to fill our open roles. When you work with us, you’ll find that we’re inclusive, we lift each other up, and try to have fun—even when we’re being professional. That combination, along with our desire to help small business owners find easy access to capital, is probably why we rank as one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. When we say we care about people and their success, we actually mean it.
So come join our team, and let’s go make a difference in the lives of others.
You—the ideal candidate—are an expert in DevOps principles who draws on many years of experience in the industry to guide technical decisions within the entire business. You are a technical mentor and evangelist who promotes DevOps culture and processes.
You have a talent for identifying and addressing large technical problems before they become problems. You work closely with management and even upper-level management to ensure scalability, evaluate system-wide platform decisions, and set long-term company-wide technical strategies. You successfully manage large projects with little to no oversight.
You are the go-to person for the most difficult technical tasks.
- You have 10+ years of experience in the industry
- You have 3+ years of experience with Terraform.
- You can work in-office at our Lehi headquarters at least 3 days per week.
- You choose and lead projects that reach outside your own team to impact the greater organization.
- You clarify complex technical ideas to people unfamiliar with the technology
- You plan projects which require multiple iterations, addressing concerns like future-proofing, introduced complexity, and ongoing support.
- You find and solve problems that require cooperation from multiple teams.
- You investigate unfamiliar and undocumented services and make them maintainable.
- *Bonus points for:
- Chef, NginX, MySQL, PHP, Node.js, Kubernetes, Docker
- Competitive pay
- A full suite of traditional benefits
- 401k with company match and immediate vesting
- Company-contributed HSA
- Onsite gym and standing desks
- Wellness program
Our Tech Stack
- Lendio operates in Azure and prefers cloud-native technologies such as EKS, ECR, Aurora MySQL, Parameter Store, Route 53. Other major tools the DevOps team needs your expertise in are Terraform, Kubernetes, Azure, Docker, Python, Ubuntu, and Alpine Linux.