Senior Technical Product Manager, Configuration
Lever was founded to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
Built from the ground-up with user-centered design methodology and principles, Lever is the only hiring software that is mobilizing entire companies to effortlessly collaborate on hiring. By designing to engage not only recruiters but also managers and other crucial stakeholders, we’re able to make hiring faster, higher-quality and more deeply embedded into a company’s core culture.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading a product team/pod and own product features from conception to launch. You and your team will own one area of the Lever platform, and the surface area of the impact you will have is huge. You should excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success to deliver value to our users--from small business to enterprise recruiting teams-- through product launches. You will seamlessly flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution across your team and with other stakeholders. You will set and achieve ambitious goals on growth, adoption and engagement, helping Lever both define and achieve its success as we aggressively grow our market share.
We’re looking for someone who has experience supporting enterprise client needs within the context of a configurable SaaS platform You should have experience managing configuration software products from inception through launch and iteration: Everything from user permissions, to SSO; from maintaining multiple instances, to localization to maintaining a sandbox environment for change management. Your team will also ensure that the Lever platform scales across the globe for clients of all sizes, stages of growth, and industries.
We’re building a world-class product-first organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling aggressively. You’ll join a growing team of dedicated, smart product managers - each owning a portion of the platform, but working together to solve our clients’ needs. Lever has grown internationally with teammates in SF, Toronto, and Bogota.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend and graduate from Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding bootcamp where you will learn about Lever’s values, business, and product
- Shadow at least one customer interaction per week. Across Sales, Support, and User Research, you will understand how Lever users engage with the product
- Get to know the team--meet 1:1 with each team member and learn about how their work contributes to team- and company-wide goals
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Understand Lever’s technology stack and how it allows us to build great product; this will enable you and the team to run faster cycles and have better alignment with our Engineering team
- Meet with cross-functional teams to understand how the product is positioned, sold and supported as a way to develop cross-functional empathy
- Conduct user research to build out your team’s roadmap and groom your team’s backlog
- Work with your team & cross-functional teams to deliver new functionality and/or bug fixes in the next seasonal release
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Launch a product feature from start to end as the primary owner. You will work with Leadership, Design, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success to design, build, and launch the right MVP.
- Identify key success metrics for the feature and take ownership for evangelizing the feature with all Lever stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering to track velocity and accuracy of engineering estimates and put in place a feedback process for learning and improving team execution
- Close a key strategic deal with the Sales team. You will help prospects map their current and future needs to Lever’s product offering and roadmap
- Draft and share internal documentation on the launch strategy for a new feature in collaboration with the Go to Market teams
- Report on the outcomes of one of your product launches. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next launch
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for leadership and the entire company for your area of ownership
- Represent your team and contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions
- Make critical product decisions that optimize for Lever’s best interest against the concerns of multiple stakeholders. You will bring along the entire team along with you in your decision
- Own and drive a major, complex cross-functional product effort. You will enforce the correct scope, flag risks, and coordinate stakeholders
- Perform a metric-based analysis on a product area to understand how widely it is adopted, by what types of users, and if there are any fall-offs in the work flows. You will use this to inform product design and roadmap decisions
- Be able to advocate/defend the Product org’s views of what is right—even if it comes to conflict/disagreement with internal stakeholders—with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the entire company on product methodology and philosophy
- Define your personal roadmap for the next 12 months with your manager to map out your career growth at Lever.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.