San Francisco /
Customer Experience and Solutions – Professional Services /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever Professional Services is looking for a high performing Solutions Architect to assess, design and deliver custom solutions to meet the unique needs of our customers. As technical ecosystems continue to grow, our customers look to us to enable Lever to be integrated with their diverse technology stack, to build custom automation across systems and to support customer led development using our APIs. Our custom solution projects are often complex; involve individuals from cross functional internal and customer teams; and require a unique combination of technical expertise, creative solutioning and business savvy.
This is a dynamic role for someone who loves problem solving and working along side customers. You’ll meet with prospects to understand the business need, develop initial technical designs, estimate effort and create SOWs. Upon sales close, you’ll work with the customer to define detailed requirements, translate them into technical solutions, then work with our development team to build, thoroughly test and launch the solution. This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with Sales, Sales Engineering, Support, R&D, Implementation and the other functions of the Professional Services team at Lever. As Lever continues to evolve, this is also an opportunity to contribute to the maturity of the Professional Services team and be a driver for the continued development of Lever’s APIs.
This role reports to the Director of Professional Services.
You will be part of the Customer Experience Solutions (CXS) department at Lever which consists of Customer Success, Service & Support, Implementation and Professional Services. We act as advocates for our customers by understanding their business challenges and collaborating with empathy to derive the most value out of our product while delivering a high quality customer experience. The Professional Services team provides an instrumental layer of success for our customers through custom solutions, technical expertise, analytics consulting and talent advisory.
In CXS, we believe it’s our responsibility to work across the organization and ensure our customers have a fantastic experience with the best possible outcome using Lever. Your role will play a large part in creating trust and confidence with customers and enable cross functional partners to do the same. Lever believes in building long-lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers and that starts with you.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years experience designing and leading custom solutions development in a customer facing role
- Familiarity with APIs, middleware, technical architecture design, testing
- Empathetic to customer and end-user needs, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions that deliver value
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and project management
- Growth mindset with a bias towards action
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Computer Science degree and/or prior engineering experience strongly preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Complete an extensive virtual onboarding plan to learn about the organization, your cross functional partners, and Lever’s product.
- Kick off your Starter Project at Lever, which all new employees do within their first month and addresses a team-specific pain point.
- Shadow 15 calls across implementation, customer success, support and sales engineering to build an understanding of customer implementations, methodology, key milestones, systems, processes, and the differing SA needs. Learn about the various recruiting team roles, duties and metrics, as well as how Lever’s products address these and how we interact cross-functionally with these teams.
- Learn about our custom solution offerings and how to customize, deploy and debug them. Shadow a SA project from start to finish.
- Learn pertinent internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk, AWS, Lever) in order to engage with your peers both in Customer Experience and Solutions and across the company.
- Jump into the Customer Service and Support queue to jumpstart your Lever product knowledge; be able to answer 80% of of basic customer questions and Lever Data API questions without additional support.
- Review Lever API tickets from the last 30 days with our Technical Support team to understand the type of questions being asked, product features, issues, and the underlying data relationships.
- Demonstrate product proficiency and complete product certifications for Lever Hire, Lever Reporting and Lever Talent Intelligence.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Lever’s API
- Alongside peer Solutions Architects - Begin taking on both internal and external requests with questions regarding custom solutions. Design and implement your first custom solution project leveraging Lever’s API.
- Begin working on your own accounts from design, development, through testing and launch. Deploy effective custom solutions on time while achieving a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Orient yourself around the PS team’s mission, goals, norms, strengths and growth areas; partner with your manager to develop your own Individual OKRs.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- You will demonstrate proficiency and understanding of: application architecture, platform integrations, topology, disaster recovery, security, API, advanced features/configuration, and customer career site customizations (SAML, Exchange) by creating and updating documentation in Confluence, creating reusable assets and leading training sessions.
- Identify common patterns for custom solutions, talent automation, and system interoperability; develop reusable services to power future sales, simplify timeframes for scoping, maintenance and support, and accelerate solution delivery timeframes.
- Work with the Product Team to identify and prioritize enhancements for the Lever’s API and existing integrations
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Own the ongoing interactions, priorities, and roadmap for existing solutions and SA tools
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Solutions Architecture processes; assess results and refine.
- Mentor new team members.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.