Senior Product Manager - Data and Analytics
Product – Product /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as a top place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Lever is proud to be a part of Toronto’s growing tech community, and we are continuing to invest in growing our team in Canada. Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is at a key inflection point: we’ve built a successful, growth-stage company with a best-in-class product. Now, we’re building the next big thing to help the world hire with conviction. Hiring teams need to know where their recruiting process is inefficient and how to improve it, or simply understand who is performing well on their team, or have insights in how their recruiting efforts compare to other industry benchmarks. Customers turn to Lever for analytics and reporting that surfacing their operational effectiveness during their recruiting process.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead Lever’s analytics and reporting platform to highlight powerful insights and actionable reports that empower our customers to make informed business decisions in their talent acquisition efforts.
Reporting directly to our Head of Product, this role will have the opportunity to drive key decision-making and product strategy.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to leverage your analytical and data science mastery in a high impact role defining Lever’s reporting and data strategy. You will own the entire reporting roadmap to support Lever’s strategic vision, including validating and iterating on new analytics and actual insights that will help our customers become more efficient. You champion data literacy and governance, and have in-depth experience in building and communicating the purpose of solid and scalable data products.
You will excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, engineering, sales, marketing, customer success, and strategic partnerships, to deliver value by enabling seamless analytics and reports.
You will flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution and between business level prioritization and deep product discussions with engineering. You will set and achieve ambitious goals on growth, adoption and engagement, helping the company both define and achieve its success.
You will partner with stakeholders across our US and Canada-based teams to align on project initiatives. You will work alongside a forward thinking product team, who you will collaborate with in establishing the relationship and impact between new product functionalities and our reporting tools.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s company-wide onboarding program. You’ll meet other new Leveroos in your cohort, and learn the nuts and bolts of the business, our history, and where we’re going.
- Dive into learning about the products in our talent acquisition suite - Lever Hire, Lever Nurture, and Lever Analytics - including the benefits they deliver and how we position them over our competition.
- Work with our Engineering team and BI developers to get to know Lever’s analytics, databases, technology stack and how it impacts our Lever’s reporting platform.
- Shadow customer interactions across user research, sales and customer success.
- Complete several training modules to get a deeper understanding of the product. Meet with Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Success to understand how our reports and insights are positioned and used by clients.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Work closely with the rest of the product management team to understand current product initiatives, roadmaps and their dependencies on reporting.
- Build relationships, learn, and exchange knowledge and best practices with your peers on data governance, data science and analytics.
- Pioneer storytelling by applying your in-depth experience in building and communicating out the purpose of reports and different graphs.
- Write impactful individual and team OKRs that help you and your product team stay on track to support the company's OKRs.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Define high-level strategy and roadmap for Lever’s reporting platform, and present to Product and Engineering Leadership.
- Identify key success metrics for our data products and take ownership for evangelizing the vision with all Lever stakeholders.
- Deliver reports and dashboards that customers want, before they even know they need it
- Work with Product Operations and Product Marketing to communicate and roll out data and reporting updates.
- Guide and mentor other PMs to apply strong product management skills
- Advocate and build a consistent data management process and governance policy across the organization
- Stays on top of industry trends to determine new or enhanced data capabilities that positively impact Lever’s platform and customers.
- Mapping out data personas and consumer profiles, doing customer interviews and testing, in addition to proposing pricing strategy for new and existing data products.
- Propose multiple potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes and makes objective recommendations
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions with product and engineering leadership.
- Play a key role in ensuring communication, collaboration and alignment between the product, design and engineering teams in the US and Canada.
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency for our reporting platform and cross-functional processes; assess results and refine.
- Help grow other product managers by mentoring, pairing and developing other learning opportunities.
- Interview and mentor new team members.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.