Manager of Implementations
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
We're incredibly excited to expand into Toronto! This office will host a variety of teams, including the expansion of our Implementation team. We need a supportive, empathetic and engaged manager for this new team. The people you hire and mentor will be hugely impactful on Lever's success, in that they are the first post-sales touchpoint and take full ownership over making sure that customers have a phenomenal experience with our product suite from Day One.
This role is at a unique cross roads: taking an existing framework for best practices and processes and translating that to a brand new team. Building our Toronto-based Implementation team from the ground up, you'll have a huge opportunity to shape how that team is built and continues to grow. You'll also be incredibly cross-functional: our Implementation team works not only with clients but also with internal teams like Sales, Customer Advocacy, Customer Service and Support, Product, and Engineering.
A client focus is a the center of everything that we do, and ensuring that our customers are able to see the value of Lever's product suite is directly tied to the initial set-up and launch of the platform. The Implementation team is tasked with ensuring that when our customers launch Lever, they're able to do so quickly and can see immediate impact to their hiring goals.
We're a diverse and high performing group response for setting our customers up for success, from the moment the ink dries on the sales contract. Our Implementation Specialists are whizzes at all things project management, training, teaching and consulting. You'll be building out a team that's responsible for all this, and will be surrounded by enthusiastic and passionate team members who understand that the core value of our customers using Lever to transform into best-in-class recruiting teams.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete your starter project to be shared with the larger Customer Success (CS) org. Every new Leveroo completes a starter project, which they full own and addresses a special project unique to their team.
- Complete Ramp Camp, which is Lever’s onboarding program. Cross-functional teams from all across the organization hold training sessions with our new team members, to make sure that people holistically understand Lever’s product suite and business strategy.
- Create your 30-60-90 day plan, which you’ll share with your manager along with your gameplan to hit those goals.
- Shadow 10 Implementation calls, varied across segment, implementation offerings and new and renewal business to gain an understanding of our process, strengths and gap areas.
- Shadow three Customer Success Manager (CSM) calls with customers on the Preferred Support Offering to build an understanding of what is being covered, scope of engagement, systems, processes, current challenges, and opportunity areas post deploy.
- Shadow five Customer Account Executive (CAE) renewal calls for the SB, CORP and MID segments to build an understanding of the current state of renewal, expansion, and upsell engagement by the CAE team. Build an understanding of how we talk about boosters, what the pain points are that results in the need for a boosters, and how we currently set expectations from the CAE Team.
- Your primary goal will be building out your team in Toronto; create your Individual Impact Statement (IIP) that includes your goals from your 30/60/90 day plan along with your mission statement, strengths, possible detractors and growth edges. Review with your manager at the end of your first month.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Begin to transition team meeting ownership from our Director of Implementation. Create the agenda, run weekly metrics; create a 6 month look out for skill set trainings the team will need and schedule to ensure trainings are executed on.
- Take on your own account and guide them through the full implementation lifecycle. Identify best practices, any gap areas, or areas for opportunity in our existing process.
- Partner with your manager and your manager counterpart in our San Francisco office to determine communication between both offices. This includes things like how we run our daily stand ups, how to run our team meetings when more than a slide deck is needed, how to celebrate as an implementation team, and what type of information is emailed, slacked, or added to Guru
- Own all Toronto team metrics: deploys, reviews, CSAT and NPS. You’ll run metrics every other Monday morning, share out with the team and company and be able to speak to why we are trending to hit or miss.
- Put your 30-60-90 day action plan for the Essential Implementation Team in motion. Factor these into your IIP for the quarter and H2.
- Align the Toronto Implementation Team around mission, goals, norms, saboteurs and derailers, and team strengths by learning and applying Lever’s team and individual performance tools; review and refine the Team Impact Plan for Essential IS; work with each IS to update Individual Impact Plans for the quarter.
- Maintain regular, weekly, 1:1 with each IS and monthly professional development calibration sessions.
- Take ownership of shadowing for the team: at least one call should be shadowed per IS per week, with feedback added to the call using Gong.
- For all new hires, all calls their first week should be shadowed with prompt feedback given; You will also take ownership of the “To be filed” folder - creating specific folders and ensuring consistent additions each week.
- Take a deep involvement with hiring. Take ownership of the impact description (how we document roles at Lever, including job postings) for Implementation Specialists, ensuring alignment and sign off with your manager before changes are made live to our career site. Consistently update the expectations and details of the role changes.
- Create quarterly meetings with the interview team to guarantee alignment and improve our candidate experience
- Create a plan to involve more of the existing Implementation Specialists in our interviewing process, while maintaining a high bar for the candidate experience for both the interview panel and lunch
- Meet with your recruiter and manager to ensure alignment about the needs of the organization and the profile we need for Toronto
- Review the expectations and criteria for our Renewal-Implementation (booster) process. Working closely with the Implementation Manager in San Francisco, and the CAE, CSM and Support Teams to ensure alignment and accountability.
- Work with your manager and the manager in San Francisco to determine how we audit boosters and upgrades, both ensuring that boosters and upgrades happened and were successful, and also auditing to ensure boosters meet quality standards and follow up to ensure behavior change.
- Partner with the Customer Advocacy team to refine what is expected for them to own during the customer lifecycle and the rules of engagement when involving an Implementation Specialist
- Partner with the Service & Support Team so that the customer experience of during training is consistent across all of Customer Success
- Work with the CAE Team to determine best practices for managing customer expectations, ensuring understanding of what is involved in a booster and what is expected internally.
- Continue to iterate on our onboarding program for new Implementation Specialists which complements Lever’s established onboarding program and helps new team members ramp quickly; Identify and risks to our existing onboarding plan as we expand to two offices. Create a proposal to fill those risks.
- Participate in determining how we staff for multiple time zones. Partner with your manager on the proposal for the team and determine what operational needs we have to make that proposal true. Socialize with all affected parties; Customer Success, Sales, Salesforce Operations and monitor and iterate post go-live.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Look into our deploy metrics to determine if our criteria still matches with how the business and product has evolved. Partner with the Advocacy Team to gain a better understanding of what features and workflows leads to renewal or churn. Develop new list of criteria and ways to measure that criteria. Operationalize any changes in Salesforce, Zendesk and Admin2. Socialize the change with the Implementation Team, all of Customer Success and Sales
- Foster a consultative approach throughout Implementation to ensure we are focusing on a true partnership rather than defaulting to a trainer approach. Focus on our primary goal of elevating our customers and identify areas for opportunity to fill in existing gaps. Delegate and project manage each initiative to completion within the fiscal year. Determine what we need to ensure behavior change on the team. Identify if there are any ways we need to operationalize this within our existing tools. Create a framework that is scalable with new hires as we continue to onboard.
- Demonstrate that we are committed to shortening our customer’s time to value through defined, internal, SLAs; Create and socialize those SLAs internally across Customer Success, particularly with the Implementation Team. Determine how to hold the team accountable to those SLAs and create coaching plan for any team members not meeting those SLAs.
- Take full ownership in achieving 85% for on time deploys for customers in the SB, Corporate and Mid segments.
- Take full ownership in achieving a monthly and quarterly reviews goal with a focus on 3 primary sites to build our lead engine for Sales.
- Introduce a customer satisfaction metric to hold the team to. Determine if 15 day deploy surveys are the correct method, and change data collection methods if not.
- Hire / Promote a Team Lead for the Essential Solutions team.
- Ingrain Lever values in our team culture: deepen connection between our values and our TIPs, IIPs, promotion criteria and performance evaluations.
- Complete a gap analysis on the Essential Implementation Team; determine what we are missing, where we could improve and how to do so. Create plan for the next six months to tackle each gap.
- Take deeper ownership in service offerings. Work with sales leaders to devise a plan to hold each other accountable to what we sell and what we provide. Create and send monthly reports on how each team is doing to goal. Create escalation paths for questions on how offerings work and what is included. Conduct quarterly trainings with Customer Success, Sales and CAEs to ensure adherence to our process
- Take ownership of the SB and Corporate segment reviews from the implementation standpoint. Participate with the Mid Market segment reviews. Be the voice of the implementation team to highlight flags, areas of progress and gap areas to help lead our leadership team cross functionally
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Continue to own the development of your implementation team, with a deep focus on our capacity and staffing plan.
- Develop and engage your Implementation Team to ensure there is healthy growth and feedback as shown through our engagement scores on a 6 month cadence
- Be an active participant in implementation offerings, customer growth projections by segment, evolution of Implementation roles / specialization, go to market plans, geography, etc. to support Lever’s growth
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.