Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst
General and Administrative
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst is leading the charge to define new cost effective ways for Lever to achieve business objectives at scale. We are looking for an experienced strategic sourcing analyst or financial analyst to manage our strategic sourcing. The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst will define Lever’s new procurement process, and will work with budget owners and executives from all departments. This means collaborating with stakeholders to define business objectives, identify vendor requirements, identify a pool of vendors who meet the needs of the business, negotiate vendor agreements, and forecast vendor spend year over year. This person will continuously raise the bar by coming up with creative solutions that define new avenues for strategic investment in Lever’s business.
Working with the Director of Strategic Sourcing, you will help Lever improve efficiency, maximize the value of existing our investments, and identify new opportunities for Lever to invest in our business in more effective ways. You will have the opportunity to redesign our current strategic sourcing process, which includes working with budget owners and executives to map business objectives to vendor requirements and align to budget priorities. This is an opportunity to transform the way that Lever looks at investing in the business by generating multiple financial strategies tied to achieving top line business success. You will have the opportunity to define the way that strategic sourcing can be used to accelerate Lever’s business by identifying new areas for savings to reinvest in continued growth.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst will join the Director of Strategic Sourcing and the legal team in building a world class strategic sourcing team to serve the business. As a service organization within Lever, the Legal and Strategic Sourcing Team works closely with every team at Lever with the primary objective of turning a department that is generally considered a cost center into a business partner in achieving each team’s business objectives.
THE SKILL SET
- 2-4 years of experience as an analyst, specifically in financial planning or strategic sourcing
- Strong experience using Excel
- Background in analyzing, presenting, and building financial reports
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions with vendors
- Experience leading multiple cross-functional strategic projects, often under tight time frames
- Ability to work independently, exercise business judgement, and apply problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong partnering and collaborative skills
- Ability to handle confidential information responsiblyDesire to be a change agent within the organization
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits in to Lever's broader organization.
- Work with our Director of Strategic Sourcing to review Lever’s current strategic sourcing process. You’ll build your foundation here to take over this process in the coming months.
- Identify all recurring spend items company-wide and associate each spend item with a budget owner.
- Audit our existing vendor tracker, complete missing information and implement a review cadence for vendors that require regular security reviews.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Work with departmental budget owners to identify mission-critical vendors and segment them by spend.
- Identify opportunities for vendor consolidation and cost savings and make programmatic recommendations to our Director of Strategic Sourcing and Chief Financial Officer.
- Work with cross-functional business owners to proactively identify new vendors required for FY2021.
- Partnering with business leaders and the finance team, manage the external vendor selection process, including gathering quotes for renewals anticipated to take place in the forward 12 months.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Work with Director of Strategic Sourcing to identify each executive’s top three business priorities for the next fiscal year and identify proactive ways to serve them through your function.
- Work with our Director of Strategic Sourcing to present these options to the executive team members, helping the team understand the risks and benefits associated with each.
- Collaborating with budget owners, you’ll create a framework to review existing vendors and identify success criteria and schedule annual reviews.
- Partner with vendors to identify predictable pricing over the next three years and negotiate all relevant contract agreements.
- Implement three year spend, financial modeling and growth plans for our highest-spend vendors.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Provide ongoing support for the strategic sourcing program in the form of process maintenance, training, and working with budget owners to identify and make recommendations on areas of additional success.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Sourcing to identify target areas to audit spending efficiency within the organization and provide options to improve efficiency.
- Work with Lever’s Finance team to build out various frameworks of incentive programs for budget owners to reduce spend.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.