Technical Support Specialist
Service and Support
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
As a Technical Support Specialist on the Customer Support Team at Lever, you will provide the highest level of support to every customer, both internal and external, through every interaction. You will work closely with the rest of the Customer Experience and Solutions team to ensure that customer accounts have the technical support necessary to be set up for success. You will manage and troubleshoot third-party integrations, build and use technical resources for data management for the Customer Experience and Solutions team, and act as an escalation point for the rest of the Customer Support team for technical issues. Help us keep pace with our fast-growing list of customers including Lyft, Quora, Hot Topic, Shopify, and Netflix.
We’re looking for someone who is highly-motivated and detail-oriented. You’re also passionate about people as much as you are about getting your work done. You have a natural fluidity and thoughtfulness to your written and verbal communication with customers. On top of that, you’re incredibly organized, handling multiple responsibilities at the same time without letting a single ball drop.
While you’ll have a solid foundation in customer support, at Lever you will learn to understand our customers’ unique needs and provide the solutions that are the best for them. You’ll be joining a growth-stage startup, and you’ll learn how to navigate and manage our internal systems, see how a scaling company grows, and be a part of the next chapter of Lever.
Our perfect team member has a customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy. You have past experience using scripting languages to build out tools to make your work and the work of others easier. You are comfortable digging into our API and have your own favorite tools for accessing REST-based web services and editing data in common data formats like JSON. You’ve wrestled with complex datasets before either using MongoDB, SQL, or Excel. More importantly, you have a natural curiosity and aptitude for technology and can quickly learn how to use new tools (most importantly Lever!).
Past experience in technical customer support (email, phone, chat or live) is definitely a plus. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
THE SKILL SET
- Background or education in software engineering/computer science
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience managing customer interactions effectively
- Clear/concise written communication skills
- Proven track record of demonstrated ability to dive into the weeds and find out solutions
- Previous B2B SaaS and enterprise software experience
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits in to Lever's broader organization.
- Learn about Lever and about the recruiting space, gaining an understanding of our product and our customers. Become comfortable with the product and learn the ins and outs of how recruiting teams use Lever.
- Have the opportunity to shadow members of the following teams to gain an understanding of their roles with our customers, and within Lever: Implementation, Technical Support, Customer Success
- Shadow three to four Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) handling inbound interactions, gaining an understanding of common customer inquiries as well as our processes for resolution; demonstrate understanding by completing your first tickets with a CSR shadowing you.
- Complete training with our IT Team and our Technical Support Specialist to learn how to access and use all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk, JIRA, Intercom, Salesforce, Lever Admin, Chrome Console; reverse-shadow in each tool. You will demonstrate your understanding of our internal tools by successfully using them while being shadowed by your team members.
- Complete Customer Support onboarding training, to learn how Lever product features work, including basic features, add-ons, and third-party integrations; receive certification from each training leader.
- Learn to triage incoming customer inquiries and the process of escalating them by working with various team members to resolve and close your first ticket.
- Consistently handle customer inquiries within set SLAs while prioritizing and escalating issues appropriately.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Work daily with our Customer Support team and your manager to identify and handle specific Technical Support interactions as necessary.
- Understand all of our third-party integrations, and begin processing enablements for these integrations.
- Manage the data migration processes for the Customer Experience and Solutions team, owning existing processes in order to import customer data.
- Become a Lever expert through training and customer interaction, building a solid understanding of each feature and best practices for how to use them; handle 75% of all inbound Technical Support interactions without assistance through resolution or escalation; be able to provide creative solutions to users.
- Work with our Product teams using JIRA to contribute to prioritization of feature requests through providing customer feedback.
- Attend release trainings and planning sessions with the goal of assuring a complete understanding of releases, and proactively identify the tools and resources that the Customer Success team will need to successfully support releases.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Continue to handle all Technical Support inquiries within our SLAs, while following escalation processes for other issues.
- Manage technical troubleshooting, as well as processing enablements, for all of our third-party integrations.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology solutions, both internal tools and third party options, within the Customer Success team; proposing and building out solutions as required.
- Maintain a level of customer satisfaction (we measure through CSAT scores) equal to or greater than the overall team average; help maintain all service and support content including process documentation, Wikis, email macros, training manuals and help articles.
- Help interview, on board and train incoming team members.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Technical Support processes; assess results and refine.
- Mentor new team members.
- Maintain SLAs and Customer Satisfaction goals on all Technical Support interactions.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.