Director of Product Marketing
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
You’ll be able to build and lead a world class product marketing team whose purpose is to elevate the role of Talent Acquisition in the market through the offering of the Lever platform and approach. With innovative technology and the emerging role of analytics Lever’s mission is to serve the strategic mindset of talent.
We are a great team of Leveroos with a mix of experience from HR tech and non HR tech companies bringing a diverse set of experience to inform our thinking on how we build and execute our marketing plans for scale. We can feel the momentum building and the excitement in the other teams as they see marketing coming together to make a powerful impact on Lever and the market.
- You're a buyer expert and know how to strategically target various stakeholder personas
- Expertise in collecting, analyzing and internally sharing competitive intel
- Brand ambassador and storyteller
- 10+ years product marketing or similar experience
- Hands on sales enablement for teams of 50 - 250 reps
- Experience selling to small, mid, and enterprise level companies
- Build and retain great talent
- Pricing expert
- Expertise in launching solutions that appeal to mid-market enterprises
- Excellent communication and writing skills with ability to work well cross functionally
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and messaging
- Proven team management experience
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and execute!
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Attend Ramp Camp, the comprehensive onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc.
- Review team/individual impact plans, Lever’s tool to account for and measure professional growth, for the the product marketing team.
- Meet with Product Management, Engineering and Customer Success to learn more about Lever product and the product roadmap to inform the Product Messaging Framework
- Complete 5 customer interviews to inform yourself on customer needs, market dynamics and persona profiles, which will contribute to building the Product Messaging Framework
- Meet with leaders from product, engineering, sales and customer success to map out needs across the go-to-market teams.
- Develop the product marketing deliverable plan mapped to product/segments/ personas
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Design and implement a competitive response program
- Evangelize Lever through speaking engagements, webinars, customer calls and analyst briefing.
- Work with the sales enablement team to increase the ‘command of the message’ by sales reps through content and trainings.
- Deliver updated buyer personas and competitive battlecards for Tier 1 and Tier 2 competitors
- Map the buying process for each of our 5 market segments
- Deliver the content for our website update
- Spend 30% of your time externally with customers and analysts on sales calls to stay current on customer signals and market trends.
- Complete 5 customer interviews to publish customer case studies for use by sales and externally.
- Schedule regular 1:1s with sales leadership, executives and Demand Generation in order to build strong relationships and gain cross-functional buy-in on initiatives
- Define and implement how you will measure and report on the team’s outcomes and contributions
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Build/update a library of product marketing core assets related to buyers, competitors, and customer stories
- Be the foremost authority on our buyers in the company and contribute to strategic product direction decisions at the executive level.
- Build the pitch decks and customer communications to support our renewals and upsell team
- Be the first person in the company who sales goes to for messaging and competitive input and strategies
- Increase our competitive win rate by 10% across all segments
- Arm the Sales Development Representative (SDR) and AE team with the tools and conversations to convert prospects from Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs)
- Increase the conversion rate of MQL - SQL by 10-20%
- Update and implement a new pricing strategy
- Partner with the AEs plan by spending 30% of your time on and supporting sales calls.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Be the foremost authority on the ATS market, including Lever’s competitors, and build a product marketing strategy for the next 2 years of Lever’s growth
- Partnering with Sales and AEs help Lever attain a 80% win rate against our competitors
- In order to help Lever is attain/surpass SQL goals and net new revenue goals, build and execute a go-to-market initiative model.
- Fully staffed product marketing team that is amped on the Lever messaging framework and fully operational.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.