Director of Sales Enablement
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
As the head of the sales enablement function at Lever, you’ll own all aspects of our enablement, training, and development of our quickly growing team of Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives. While we’ve already established a strong foundation, we’re looking for you to partner directly with our SVP of Sales and leadership across the organization to build the next iteration of sales training. You will identify opportunities, knowledge and skill gaps, and the tools the team can leverage to uplevel. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing onboarding and ongoing training programs, and partner with internal teams to create and package playbooks, training decks, demos and more. You’ll collaborate with Product, Marketing and Customer Success to create content and help our reps be productive and successful.
Lever’s Sales team is a tight-knit and rapidly growing team with diverse backgrounds--we’re seasoned salespeople from Fortune 500s, former heads of sales at startups, and even a few former recruiters. We’re charged with bringing Lever to some of the biggest and most unique companies across all industries: from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits. The sales enablement side of our business is a newer team looking for a leader to set the course. You’ll manage a Sales Enablement Manager and leverage their deep understanding of the Lever product and our customers to build out the enablement programs together.
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years experience in sales enablement with a successful track record of training and developing world class sales teams
- Deep understanding of SaaS sales cycles, sales process, and sales leader coaching
- Experience in curriculum development.--you’ll own creation, delivery, and measuring the results of your training programs in a fast paced environment
- Ability to partner with senior sales leaders and act as a strategic partner identifying and solving challenges and gaps across the org
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience hiring, training and developing a world class team. We take career development seriously at Lever and you should too
- Prior experience in a startup, you understand the nuances and ins and outs of high growth startups
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s company-wide onboarding program, as well as your starter project; you’ll learn about all facets of the business, and will be set up for success to dive into your role during week two
- Complete Sales Ramp Camp in its current format, and learn about Selling at Lever while also taking lots of notes on opportunities for you to build on and improve the experience!
- Assume leadership of our Sales Enablement Manager; understand her current focus and create a plan to support her in her role (jointly with her current manager) while you ramp up in your role
- Dive into Lever’s Lever by shadowing two recruiting team members in order to gain a baseline understanding of Lever the product as well as how recruiters use our tools
- Learn our current strategy for collecting and curating a collective library of existing documentation, records, and training materials across all segments, while formulating opportunities to improve the process
- Complete sales demo certification by end of your first month
- Shadow one rep from each segment to learn Lever’s value prop, common objections and selling style; identify training areas and opportunities for yourself
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Take ownership of the current approach for Sales Ramp Camp and present your proposal for improvements or changes.
- Team with the sales leaders to learn our current approach, and work with them to implement a 30-60-90 ramp template for New Hires, including onboarding trainings.
- Organize all existing content, trainings and documentation into the collective library you presented in Month 1; train the sales team on how to use it to get what they need
- Meet 1:1 with all sales leaders and at least 25% of the individual contributors on the team; produce your first draft of an inventory of the existing team’s strengths, as well as recommended training focus areas
- Schedule weekly role plays and monthly team trainings. Understand our existing certifications and propose changes as necessary to ensure they align with our career development goals for the team. Based on findings from weekly role plays and team meetings, create and facilitate (with managers) the appropriate training to improve reps’ success
- Become a liaison for SDRs, Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to collaborate with and create content for trainings; meet monthly with marketing leadership and discuss alignment while correcting for any areas of low performance
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Complete sales interviewer training and partner with the sales recruiting team to understand our hiring process; interview at least 10 SDR and/or AE candidates
- Collaborate with sales leadership on the sales quarterly kickoff/QBR and/or annual SKO; outline your training roadmap and areas of opportunity for our reps.
- Make recommendations for SKO training topics, and assist in building and delivering the content
- Complete, communicate, and train the management team on an 18-month playbook for SDRs, and an ongoing development plan for sales AEs
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Review your training plan and identify three areas of improvement based on rep productivity and feedback
- Have a complete understanding of each sales function; use this information to develop people for future career moves within the sales org
- Review your first year with the SVP of Sales: what went well? What would you change?
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.