Product Operations Specialist
Hello, Toronto! We are beyond excited to open our first office outside of San Francisco and are looking for the right people to join us in our new city.
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
Join a high-performing, tight-knit team in a fast-growing startup working to making hiring more transparent, strategic, and effective. Product Operations (ProdOps) at Lever is the first rung of the Product Management ladder and reports to the Director of Product Management. This role holds the deep product knowledge and our challenge is to improve and scale operations to support the product teams to deliver best in class functionalist to our clients.
Each Product Operations Specialist supports two full stack product teams (product management, design and engineering) to deliver new functionality to our clients which drive business impact. You’ll use your understanding of the product and conduct data analysis to identify top issues and top feature requests as inputs for the PM to use in roadmap creation. You also serve as a crucial component of our product launches collaborating with key cross-functional teams (Product teams, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Sales, etc.) to ensure a successful launch. The perfect addition to our team is independent, self-motivated, empathetic, and passionate about supporting our customers. It's critical that you are product-savvy and can quickly learn how to use new tools (most importantly Lever). Past experience in a product analyst or technical customer service (email, phone, or live) is definitely a plus.
- Professional work experience in program or project management, and/or data analyst roles
- Experience working with software engineers and product management teams
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, 1st principles problem solving approach, and a high attention to detail
- Rigorous analytical thinking ability and a hunger to drill into problems and seek answers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Learn all internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk, Intercom, Metabase, Salesforce, Lever Admin, Chrome Console, JIRA, Airtable, Figma)
- Become an expert on your area of the product: apply problem-solving to provide creative solutions to users, investigate/document bugs, contribute to the prioritization of feature requests with the PMs you support
- Conduct analysis to understand the top issues and requests for the areas you support
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Create launch documentation to communicate new product functionality to existing customers as part of a seasonal release
- Write/edit/contribute to documentation, training materials, help articles to support the seasonal release
- Conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) and document any found bugs/issues in JIRA
- Interface with Customer Experience to effectively assist in new customer onboarding
- Conduct data analysis of feature usage and provide answers to various hypotheses
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be deeply embedded into the 2 product teams that you support
- Maintain product documentation for your areas of support and become the “go to person” to answer any questions in your areas of support
- Provide input for overall process improvements to the ways that we support and onboard our users
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by evaluating/interviewing candidates
- Help train newly hired Product Ops Specialists
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Have successfully served as the main “release manager” for a seasonal release - helping coordinate the efforts of the other ProdOps Specialists
- Have built cross-functional relationships which allow you to quickly and efficiently gather answers to larger product questions around the areas you support
- Built new and/or modified data dashboards to measure key metrics for the areas you support and evangelize those KPIs cross-functionally
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.