Lead Quality Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is at an important inflection point. Our rapid growth in mid-market and enterprise partners is a huge opportunity for us to be ever more successful and impactful. Lever succeeds when our customers succeed. Growth also brings challenges. We are committed to shipping high quality, reliable products that delight our users. This is a chance to join a rapidly growing team and help define the next iteration of R&D.
At Lever, you will have an opportunity to:
- Develop strategic solutions for the engineering team to automate testing at scale
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, integration, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- Identify the most high-impact areas where teams should invest to improve quality processes and how
- Design and build a comprehensive test automation solution
- Design and build the integration and validation frameworks and pipelines.
- Facilitate improving test processes, propose new ideas on how to improve customer satisfaction and product quality
Quality is currently owned by the individual product teams. We want to continue this ownership, while building a common integration and deployment pipeline. You will be the primary engineer responsible for building the test automation framework and pipeline. You will manage a small team of testers and work closely with the product engineering teams to deliver high quality products.
THE SKILL SET
- 4+ years working as a quality engineer building test automation frameworks and scripts (note: this is a software engineer role, not a manual quality testing role)
- 2+ years working in a leadership role
- Demonstrated the ability to build test frameworks and scripts
- Experience with Agile product development
- Experience supervising and directing QA testers a plus
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Have a good understanding of the current testing situation in the product and engineering organizations.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Work with the product team to take ownership of the release acceptance and load testing processes.
- Work with engineering to improve and further automate on our testing processes
- Have started to build test automation framework and integration pipeline scripts.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Have completed at least one full release with improved testing processes
- Set up a dashboard showing the core metrics for each release
- Set a target for core metric improvements for the subsequent two releases
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Achieved targets for improvements in core metrics
- Established automated CI/CD pipelines
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Under the hood, we're a technology company with a powerful open-source web framework: DerbyJS. It is the first and only open-source MVC framework that syncs all data via an Operational Transformation backend, using the same algorithm that powers Google Docs. DerbyJS is also uniquely optimized to render everything on the server as well as the client.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion. or learn more about what Lever Engineering is up to on the Engineering Blog.