Candidate Experience Specialist
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
We’re a growing team, and as we scale, so does our need for focus on candidate experience. We’re looking for a candidate experience specialist to own the journey from first scheduling touchpoint (think: introductions, logistics, schedules) to tours of our office space and soliciting feedback. Along with keeping our candidate experience running smoothly, this person will also jump in and support our sourcing efforts through sourcing to power the team in hitting our hiring goals.
You’ll be joining a people-focused company and team and will learn all about recruiting from seasoned recruiters and candidate experience specialists. You’ll have the opportunity to own processes, improve them, and learn new skillsets. You’ll become a Lever expert, problem solve on a daily basis, and have a lot of room to craft candidate experience in a way that supports our growth. You’ll partner daily with our Toronto team and will lean on them (and vice versa) when needed. Interested in learning more about recruiting and how we think about talent brand? Let us know!
We’re a diverse bunch of people that care deeply about our candidates, our business, and our product. We see the opportunity to change the world of recruiting through our product and best practices, and we look for that passion in our new team members. We collaborate often, but also hold space for our individual work. We’re in a chapter of intense focus, and we’re looking for a new team member to jump in and help us succeed! Bonus points if you know your way around making a GIF. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- At least six months in a coordination / logistics role
- Previous experience in a startup preferred
- Incredible attention to detail
- Desire and ability to be proactive
- Can juggle many projects / to-do items without letting a single one drop
- Desire to put the business first
- Interest in recruiting and process
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s week-long version of onboarding. You’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You’ll also kick off your first Lever project during this first week!
- Interview three new hires; learn what made their own process unique, what went well, and what could be better. You’ll take these learnings and use them to inform what your candidate experience focal points will be moving forward.
- Become proficient in our scheduling workflow, which you’ll demonstrate through scheduling your first round of onsite candidates. You’ll also get up to speed on our travel logistics, office tours, and administrative workflows.
- Follow three job postings in Lever and follow 10 candidates’ progress, including: email communication, speed of interview scheduling, onsite meet and greets, exits, offer calls, and sell calls. This will help you understand our process and the candidate journey throughout the interview process.
- Host your first candidate onsite! Debrief with your recruiter to discuss what went well and what we could do better next time.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Flawlessly schedule interview logistics across all orgs and fall into your rhythm.
- Tackle the candidate onsite experience: dive into our candidate survey responses and understand what’s going well, and what are opportunities for improvement. Partner with other Candidate Experience Specialists and suggest a plan of action.
- With the help of your recruiter counterparts, you’ll build interview guides for all onsite interviews that will include information about the department, interviewers, and their interview schedule (what to expect during your Lever onsite!). You’ll also be responsible for posting these on our masked Lever site just for candidates!
- Learn Sourcing 101. Partner with recruiters to learn basic sourcing skills, including Boolean strings, best (and worst) places to source, and how to craft excellent outreaches.
- Test and pilot new Nurture email campaigns and track your success through metrics: you’ll look at conversion rates, response rates, and most importantly, sourced candidates that are hired!
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Deliver your first Candidate Experience training to new interviewers to make sure they understand the value and benefit of focusing on the candidate lifecycle.
- Review your scheduling workflow; recommend improvements, as needed, and coach the rest of your team on any new improvements or other best practices. As needed, work with the Recruiting team to adjust pipeline, expectations, etc.
- Give yourself a grade! Review your own metrics, including: scheduling speed, time to hire (and how you influenced it), number of onsites per week, etc. Track the changes you’ve made to the process and document to show the evolution of our process over time; you’ll share this with future candidate experience specialists to help them understand where we’ve come from
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Begin shadowing recruiters on their calls to understand what type of information we gather, how we position Lever, and to start building your own acumen as you approach taking on your own sourced candidates.
- Review your first year with your manager to identify what’s next for you--whether your interests and talents lie in operations, sourcing, recruiting, or marketing, we’ll review the business needs and find the best spot for you to continue the development of your skills!
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.