Strategic Customer Account Executive
Hello, Toronto! We are beyond excited to open our first office outside of San Francisco and are looking for the right people to join us in our new city.
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
Customer Account Executives at Lever are confident partnering with current customers in dynamic, quick-moving, and rapidly changing environments. In this strategic role you will get an opportunity to work with our largest and most innovative customers to help them drive their business transformations. You'll partner closely with our Customer Success team to understand a customer's needs and pain points. You'll build long-lasting, meaningful relationships with Lever customers and act as a strategic consultant to help them reinvent their relationship with Lever as they continue to grow and scale. You're a great listener, partner, commercial strategist, and customers love you—we'd love to see you bring those talents to Lever!
This is an opportunity to also help conceptualize and refine our go-to-market strategy in the enterprise. There’s no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative sales experts, and we train, develop and invest in our smart, goal-oriented team to grow their skills and careers here at Lever.
Our Customer Account Executive team is a blend of Lever-vets and newer Leveroos who are consistent high performers with a track record of quota over-achievement quarter over quarter. Our team is made up of seasoned Account Execs and Managers from enterprise SaaS companies and smaller startups alike (and even a former NFL pro for good measure). Together, we have a diverse mix of tribal knowledge and fresh, outside perspectives and are looking for someone to bring their own unique skill set and background to round out the team. The Customer Account Executive team is highly collaborative and genuinely love supporting each other in hitting their goals. The team is small but mighty and this is a great time to join and help us build. Hear more from the team directly.
THE SKILL SET
- 6+ years of experience in account management, partnerships, or new business focused on enterprise clientele
- Experience building relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions within major accounts
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to identify strategic problems and commercial opportunities, and provide solutions
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates across all of Lever’s departments, such as product, success, marketing, and new business sales
- Accurately forecast and manage pipeline on quarterly and yearly basis
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining a broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc
- Meet with current members of the Customer Account Executive team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role; shadow each Customer Account Executive on calls to learn sales strategies and positioning
- Dive right into our account-based training and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect upsell customer. Absorb details about our product space for a speedy ramp up. Complete demo certification to ensure comprehension
- Learn Lever’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your Enterprise and Strategic new business peers
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions: participate in the Account Executive sales training program; shadow customer-facing meetings with peers
- Complete sales certification; you’ll deliver a mock pitch and product demonstration to a group of Account Executives and sales leaders, qualifying you to work on full-cycle / more complex customers
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Meet with your entire book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Understand the contractual language of all your strategic customers and where we need to “shore up” existing contracts to ensure ongoing success for Lever.
- Own your numbers -- consistently achieve 100% of your net-retention, renewal, and upsell targets and run conversations within our largest most strategic customers.
- Act as a key liaison with the Customer Success team and ensure seamless communication and coordination on all strategic renewals and expansion opportunities.
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about existing customers (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders, adoption and success metrics, etc.)
- Gain a solid understanding of your customer’s internal transitions and mitigate the the risk of ripping out Lever as their ATS.
- Build Account plans for our largest most complex customers and align key internal Leveroos to ensure timely renewals and expansions.
- Proactively capitalize on upsell opportunities to grow our strategic client relationships where it makes sense.
- Become a Lever expert to confidently speak to new product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring and value to any current customer looking to grow.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business.”
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Step up as a leader to help train other Customer Account Executives on the team to elevate their skills and build their account management tool kit.
- Start to interview prospective Customer Account Executives after completing sales interview training; be part of the onboarding and training process for new hires to the team.
- Consistently exceed your new business targets as well as keeping your quarterly renewal rate above historical targets
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Train, onboard and motivate your peers.They’ll look to you as the example of stellar performance, and you’ll be able to hone your own coaching and mentorship skills.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.