Customer Account Executive
Hello, Toronto! We are beyond excited to open our first office outside of San Francisco and are looking for the right people to join us as our first hires in our new city.
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
Customer Account Executives at Lever are confident partnering with current customers in dynamic, quick-moving, and rapidly changing environments. In this high-volume role you will get an opportunity to work on the front line with customers and get exposure to different customer interactions. You'll partner closely with our Customer Success (Account Management) team to understand a customer's needs and pain points. You'll build long-lasting, meaningful relationships with Lever customers and act as a strategic consultant to help them utilize Lever as they continue to grow and scale. You're a great listener, partner, and customers love you--we'd love to see you bring those talents to Lever!
This is an opportunity to get a lot of "at-bats" and develop and hone your sales expertise. There’s no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative sales experts, and we train, develop and invest in our smart, goal-oriented team to grow their skills and careers here at Lever.
Our Customer Account Executive team is a blend of Lever-vets and newer Leveroos who are consistent high performers with a track record of quota over-achievement quarter over quarter. Our team is made up of seasoned Account Execs and Managers from enterprise SaaS companies and smaller startups alike (and even a former NFL pro for good measure). Together, we have a diverse mix of tribal knowledge and fresh, outside perspectives and are looking for someone to bring their own unique skill set and background to round out the team. The Customer Account Executive team is highly collaborative and genuinely love supporting each other in hitting their goals. The team is small but mighty and this is a great time to join and help us build.
THE SKILL SET
- 2 or more years of experience in account management, partnerships, or new business
- Experience building relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions within major accounts
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage a large number of active accounts and identify problems, opportunities and provide solutions for each of them
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates across Lever
- Accurately forecast and manage pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete first week of Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding, as well as your starter project that will be in relation to your new role.
- Meet with current members of the Customer Account Executive team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role; shadow each Customer Account Executives on three calls to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our account-based training and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect upsell customer. Absorb tons details about our product space for a speedy ramp up. Complete demo certification to ensure comprehension.
- Learn Lever’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers.
- Demonstrate your understanding by performing accurately during data entry and analysis in our Salesforce environment.
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions: participate in the Account Executive sales training program; shadow three customer-facing meetings with the SMB & Corporate Account Executive team.
- Complete sales certification; you’ll deliver a mock pitch and product demonstration to a group of Account Executives and sales leaders, qualifying you to work on full-cycle deals.
- By the end of your first month, you’ll have completed five quality conversations with current customers, where you’re able to successfully gather the answers the team needs to qualify customers for potential upsell opportunities.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Own your numbers -- consistently achieve your goals on activity metrics, and conversations within a cohort of the existing business.
- Ensure that “flat renewals” close early or prior to expiration date.
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about existing customers (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders, adoption and success metrics, etc.).
- Become a Lever expert to confidently speak to new product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring and value to any current customer looking to grow.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Effortlessly fold in outreach to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone -- even C-level executives -- while consistently meeting your numbers.
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Step up as a leader over time by assisting your manager with a variety of team objectives such as reporting, forecasting and training new team members.
- Start to interview prospective Customer Account Executives after completing sales interview training; be part of the onboarding and training process for new hires to the team.
- Consistently exceed your new business targets as well as keeping your quarterly renewal rate above 80%.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Train, onboard and motivate your peers. They’ll look to you as the example, and you’ll be able to hone your own coaching and mentorship skills.
- Prove to us that you’re ready for the next step in your career, to take on new opportunities and support customers with larger ARR.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.