Technical Program Manager
Customer Experience and Solutions – Professional Services /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Spotify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever, at its core, is a customer-driven company. Our customers inspire us to iterate, implement feedback, and drive forward to make Lever the best it can be. Having raised $40MM in our Series C, we’re growing our Customer Success organization and looking for a Technical Program Manager to add to our Enterprise Solutions team. The Enterprise Solutions team works with some of our largest customers to help them make meaningful and sustainable change to their integration efforts with proven methodology, domain expertise, and global adoption.
As a Technical Program Manager you take pride in the facilitation, management, and alignment of the overall plan and timely delivery of custom solutions and integrations, end-to-end. You’re a project planning machine: the ultimate juggler of project prioritization, the accountability police, QA-whiz, and the purveyor of trust from the technical teams. You bring a mastery of fluid communication for all scenarios, both at a nitty-gritty technical level and from a strategic business angle. You’re a pioneer who’s excited to help define this new role at Lever.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with our Professional Services, Sales, Product, Support, Implementation, and Solutions Delivery teams. Our Technical Program Manager has previous experience working at a high-growth company and shipping high-quality integrations and solutions, on-time, that customers love.
At Lever, it is each team’s responsibility to work across the organization to make sure our customers have a fantastic experience and the best possible outcome using Lever. You will help create trust and confidence with customers and enable Product Managers, Engineers, Sales Engineers and our Customer Success team to do the same. Lever is interested in the long game, and we believe it all comes down to building lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers. That starts with you.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Participate in Ramp Camp, Lever’s company-wide onboarding program, where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos.
- Participate in Sales Ramp Camp, Lever’s sales on-boarding program, where you’ll be given a holistic view of a prospective customer’s lifecycle, for the one-off pre-sales conversations that you’ll be involved in.
- Kick off your Starter Project at Lever, which all new employees complete within their first month and will address a team-specific pain point.
- Shadow 15 calls across Implementation, Customer Success Management and Sales Engineering to build an understanding of customer implementations, methodology, key milestones, systems, processes, and the differing integration needs.
- Learn about our end user personas including various recruiting team roles, duties metrics and pain points; you’ll also learn about how Lever’s products are built for these users and how we interact cross-functionally with these teams.
- Learn about our premium and custom solution offerings as well as how to implement and deploy them.
- Learn pertinent internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk, Asana, Trello, Lever) in order to engage with your peers.
- Jump into the Customer Service and Support queue to jumpstart your Lever product knowledge, where you’ll be able to answer 80% of basic customer questions and Lever Data API questions without additional support.
- Review Lever Data API tickets from the last 30 days with our Technical Support team to understand the type of questions being asked, product features, issues, and the underlying data relationships.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Demonstrate product proficiency and complete product certifications for Lever Hire, Lever Reporting, and Lever Talent Intelligence.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Implementation, Solutions Architecture, and Solutions Delivery teams to develop project plans, resource plans, and schedules covering all phases of a solution lifecycle for custom solutions and integrations.
- Own your first project, including hands-on program and project management to both internal and external teams during discovery, design, development, testing, go-live, and post-go-live phases to ensure successful, high-quality, and on-time delivery.
- Keep the Solutions Delivery team focused on the most important projects or issues impacting execution- this means meeting project milestones, hitting timelines, and ensuring solution projects are as efficient as possible.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Lever’s API and successfully pass our certification program.
- Orient yourself around the Solutions Architecture team’s mission, goals, norms, strengths and growth areas; partner with your manager to develop your own Individual Impact Plan.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for solution and integration projects and tasks, and deliver solution and integration projects on time against the agreed-upon critical metrics. This also includes velocity, forecasting and pipeline management.
- Proactively identify and remove project bottlenecks by communicating tradeoffs and eliminating hurdles before they disrupt the team’s project plans.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to launch partner integrations and solutions.
- Identify common patterns for custom solutions, talent automation, and system interoperability to develop reusable services to power future sales, simplify timeframes for scoping, maintenance and support, and accelerate solution delivery timeframes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to facilitate custom and partner integration releases.
- Work with the Product Team to identify and prioritize enhancements for the Lever Data API for key interoperability scenarios.
- Identify dependencies and hidden complexity both in the long-term Solutions Architecture roadmap and the immediate day-to-day work of the team.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Own the ongoing interactions, priorities, project management, and roadmap for the delivery of integrations and solutions.
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Solutions Architecture and cross-functional processes; assess results and refine.
- Develop and roll out a framework to project solutions velocity and forecast delivery.
- Interview and mentor new team members.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.