Sales – Sales Engineering /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Arguably the most important step in the sales process, the product demonstration is Lever’s opportunity to make a lasting impression. In this role, you’ll partner with and support our Sales Engineering team to ensure our demonstrations set us apart from the competition.
As Lever’s first Demo Engineer, you will lay the foundation for a new function within the Sales Engineering team by using your deep technical knowledge to bring our solution to life and amaze potential customers. You’ll oversee the demo environments used by all of Sales, ensuring they’re ready to tell compelling stories and showcase new product enhancements, as well as create highly tailored demonstrations for strategic presentations. You’ll design new demo flows, discover new use cases, and push the limits of what’s possible when it comes to demonstrating the value of our solution.
You’ll be joining a team of tech-savvy sales people on a mission to solve the hiring challenges of a changing world. We’re a highly specialized group with various backgrounds and areas of expertise, but we all have one thing in common. We’re problem solvers.
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years creating or delivering client-facing product demonstrations with proven track record of success
- Strong technical aptitude; familiarity with APIs, web development, or object-oriented programming
- Computer Science degree preferred
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s company-wide onboarding program, where you’ll meet other new Leveroos in your cohort, and learn our mission, history, and where we’re headed next
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions
- Participate in pre-sales product training program and pass an in-depth certification to become a Lever-certified product expert
- Get hands on with Lever’s demo environments and begin provisioning accounts for other new hires
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Take full ownership of demo environments and optimize the demo data to reflect real-world use cases
- Participate in advanced training program on Lever’s API and data products; architect and build your first custom solution
- Tailor trial environments for potential customers, ensuring the trial meets their requirements and simulates their ideal recruiting process
- Create demo resources that directly contribute to new business revenue
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Update demo environments to incorporate the new features and enhancements from Lever’s quarterly product release
- Develop new methods for demonstrating and visualizing the value of Lever’s suite of products
- Build working prototypes and proofs-of-concept (e.g. career sites, integrations, automations, etc.) for strategic opportunities, resulting in your first Enterprise win
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Tackle projects that contribute to the continued success of the Demo Engineering organization
- Serve as a resource for new hires, sharing knowledge, best practices and real time feedback with your peers
- Prove that you’re ready for the next step in your career by solving larger, more complex challenges
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.