Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco /
General and Administrative – Marketing /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, Atlassian, and McGraw Hill rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for a skilled Content Marketing Manager to bring the art of storytelling to our amazing B2B recruitment software. If you enjoy bringing stories to life in various content formats and creatively exploring what’s next in the realm of content marketing to beat the competition then this is the role for you! Join us to pave the path for the future of HR Tech and content marketing to bring so many fantastic stories to life!
At Lever, we have incredible customers and brand loyalty with our Talent Relationship Management (TRM) product. A TRM combines the robust functionality of an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), with engagement and nurture functionality of a CRM (ie. email marketing), to engage talent at every stage of their journey. We’re looking for a strong Content Marketing Manager to help surface stories around our core content pillars and highlight our incredible customers and advocates through a well-oiled content marketing engine.
THE SKILL SET
- 4-6 years in a Content Marketing role in a B2B tech environment, preferably SaaS.
- Proof points around content marketing channels and formats that yielded both brand and ROI results.
- Strong project management skills and experience working successfully with cross-functional teams, as well as outside agencies.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with product marketers, sales and customer success professionals, people team, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Drive the creation of various types of demand marketing content to support a rapidly growing business.
- Define, develop, and implement content strategy frameworks, toolkits and guidelines, with the aim of developing world-class experiences at scale.
- Leverage internal and external subject matter experts, influencers, advisors and customers to create engaging, informative, and useful content.
- Portfolio of top content launched (ie. case studies, eBooks, video, social campaigns).
- Innovative ideas and thoughts for where content marketing will go in the future.
- Experience with Asana, Trello and other content management tools.
- Ability to analyze content results in Google Analytics and Excel spreadsheets.
- Expertise with social media platforms a plus
- Team player with a hands on attitude; loves working with people and building relationships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos.
- Learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Dive into learning about our suite’s products — including the benefits they deliver and how we position them.
- Meet with cross-functional teams to learn about customer pain points and shadow sales calls to learn more about the product and how we position it to potential customers.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Get familiar with social media campaigns, writing/design consultants and start developing a strategy to improve content marketing results for the future.
- Take over the copy brief process for all demand generation campaigns.
- Complete an in-house and external content audit exercise and present to the marketing team key learnings from both competitors and other leaders in SaaS content marketing.
- Take over the case study program to improve sales proof points and results for sales.
- Present ideas for content formats and channels to help yield better results; pick 1-2 ideas to implement the next quarter.
- Contribute to content marketing strategy and plans for quarterly planning around core product themes and initiatives.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Start writing and complete the first eBook from ideation to launch.
- Explore content marketing tech to further sales results and drive leads down the content marketing funnel.
- Partner with marketing ops to analyze nurture campaigns in place and present ideas to improve messaging for better results.
- Continue to collaborate with design and writing teams to produce high quality content.
- Contribute to the editorial calendar, delegate tasks and ensure content deadlines are met.
- Edit, proofread, improve and deliver engaging content on a regular basis to inspire Lever team members.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Analyze SEM campaigns and Ad Groups to determine content plays to improve conversions and results from web traffic.
- Analyze web traffic metrics and contribute ideas to improve copywriting and SEO results on the website.
- Project manage a robust content calendar, including several eBooks a quarter, case studies, new customer videos, virtual event content, social campaigns, blog posts, and more.
- Optimize all content marketing initiatives to improve SEO metrics.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.