Senior Program Manager, Strategic Programs
General and Administrative – Strategy
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
With a new go-to-market strategy in hand, we are launching several initiatives this year that require collaboration among nearly every team at Lever, but with a primary focus on Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success. These initiatives will span positioning, packaging, marketing strategy, launch strategy, our digital/website strategy, and communications/PR. The timeline is aggressive and the goals are ambitious. Success hinges on key stakeholders (including execs, senior leaders, and others across all departments) working smoothly and efficiently together on several projects in parallel. And that’s where you come in — driving projects forward, creating order out of chaos, and aligning diverse stakeholders and perspectives.
In this role, you’ll own project management of our most strategic and cross-functional go-to-market initiatives. These projects will not only contribute to our highest-priority company goals this year, but also lay the groundwork for how we position, build, and sell Lever for years to come. You will partner closely with team members across every part of the company, especially executives, to have a massive impact on the business.
You will be part of a recently formed cross-functional team that is led by our CEO. It is focused on laying down the strategy for Lever’s next chapter and executing on those strategic initiatives. It has representatives from Sales, Product, Marketing, and G&A – many of whom are long-time Lever veterans. This is an incredibly driven task force. In working so closely with Lever’s CEO and executive team, this is a team that thrives in ambiguity and sets a high quality bar for ourselves and those we work with. With our CEO having a design background, our approach often involves design thinking (understanding problems, gaining empathy, prototyping to learn, and an iterative approach).
THE SKILL SET
- Strong track record managing the end-to-end execution of projects and driving alignment and progress across teams, on aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated ability in partnering with, and influencing, senior leadership to move initiatives forward
- Stakeholder management experience and demonstrated skills as a perceptive, empathetic listener
- Demonstrated problem solver, critical thinker, and excellent communicator
- Track record facilitating conversations and driving divergent perspectives toward decisions
- Comfortable with ambiguity, tight deadlines, and high pressure
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Get introduced to our initiatives roadmap and then take ownership over driving toward delivery of key milestones, working with cross-functional teams.
- Run weekly meetings for the team (sprint planning, working/review session, goals review/retro, etc).
- Track and report progress weekly to our executive team on strategic initiatives.
- Support hitting milestones and goals on-time.
- Up-level the frequency, quality, and impact of communications from the core team to company leadership.
- Deploy a roadmap that aligns stakeholders on the key messages we’re bringing to the market through product launches, marketing campaigns, content, and events.
- Kick off projects to align our marketing website, to ongoing product announcements and marketing updates.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Help produce the final stages of a launch event to announce new products to our customers and the market.
- Kick off and run the next phase of our biggest strategic projects, with key internal stakeholders across departments.
- Drive coordination around monthly marketing campaigns and report out results.
- Work with cross-functional leaders and owners of various levels to act as a sounding board, ideation partner, and extra support in order to meet key milestones.
- Act as a liaison between the core project team and broader company to ensure a regular cadence of relevant and high quality updates.
- Launch at least one of the new pages of the marketing website.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Manage the marketing launch of a new product, coordinating across Product/Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success.
- Launch several pages of the marketing website.
- Kick off and launch an upgrade to our online resource portal and marketing technology.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.