Talent Analytics Consultant
Customer Experience and Solutions – Professional Services /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever, at its core, is a customer-driven company. Our customers inspire us to iterate, implement feedback, and drive forward to make Lever the best it can be. Having recently raised $40MM in our Series C, we’re growing our Customer Success organization and looking for a Talent Analytics Consultant to add to our Enterprise Solutions team. The Enterprise Solutions team works with some of our largest customers to help them make meaningful and sustainable change to their Talent Acquisition efforts with proven methodology, domain expertise, and global adoption.
The Talent Analytics Consultant is a specialist, with deep expertise in data analytics, and an important member of a customer’s implementation team. The Talent Analytics Consultant helps customers elevate problem-solving and decision making by unlocking insights through custom data visualizations they build on top of the talent analytics available in Lever.
Our Talent Analytics Consultant will own the delivery of custom data visualizations using Tableau, consulting with customers on optimal Lever Hire configuration for reporting use cases, and the evolution of our analytics operating model. This person will help define and shape our data strategy and how our analytics service offering can drive more value for our customers. This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with our Product, Sales and Marketing, Service and Support, and our Implementation teams.
Our Talent Analytics Consultant has strong analytical skills with a proven track record of developing impactful data visualizations, surfacing actionable insights, and engaging customers with analysis leading to data-informed decisions. They thrive working with the building blocks of data, data relationships, and data aggregations. They enjoy building out data analytics and business intelligence solutions using SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Looker.
Our Talent Analytics Consultants work closely with senior talent and recruiting operations leaders within their clients. With such a rapidly growing customer base and so much growth ahead of us, there’s a lot of complexity and opportunity to make sure each and every customer is as successful as possible, and we’re looking for someone who is excited by this challenge!
THE SKILL SET
- 1-3 years of experience with designing, building, and automating key metrics with Tableau (preferred) or other BI tools that drive story-telling. Awareness of design concepts related to chart forms, white space, and the use of color.
- The ability to interact with non-technical teams and run technical discovery processes; a vocal and proactive partner to stakeholders guiding their line of questioning rather than fulfilling requests.
- Experience consulting clients and creating implementation strategies to address their business objectives. Proven ability to creatively problem-solve in ambiguous environments and create structure and process improvements where necessary
- Experience in business analysis and business process improvement preferably in a hyper growth environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in process documentation.
- Excellent project management skills; the ability to manage many diverse workflows and BI implementations at once.
- Strong familiarity using SQL to transform data tables into meaningful data sources ready for visualization
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Attend Ramp Camp, Lever’s three-day company-wide onboarding program, where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos.
- Attend Sales Ramp Camp, which is Lever’s week-long version of sales onboarding. This will give you a holistic view of a prospect lifecycle, for the occasions when you're asked to join a pre-sales conversation.
- Kick off your Starter Project at Lever, which all new employees complete within their first month and will address a team-specific pain point.
- Shadow 15 reporting-specific calls across Implementation, Sales Engineering, and Talent Analytics to build understanding of customer implementation steps, key milestones, and the differing reporting needs by company size.
- Learn about our analytics go-to-market, current state operating model, and data architecture and pipelines; you’ll also learn about how Lever’s analytics products augment our implementation offerings with custom reporting solutions. You’ll demonstrate this knowledge by designing and building your first Tableau dashboard.
- Review tickets for the last 30 days related to Lever Talent Intelligence, Lever Data API and Lever Reporting with Technical Support to build your understanding of the type of questions being asked, product feedback, issues, and the underlying data relationships.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Demonstrate product proficiency and complete product certifications for Lever Hire, Lever Reporting, and Lever Talent Intelligence.
- Orient yourself around the Solution Enterprise team’s mission, goals, norms, strengths and growth areas; partner with your manager to develop your own Individual Impact Plan. Track your progress and receive continuous feedback via 15Five, our performance tracking tool.
- Complete your first full lifecycle customer engagements with new and existing customers including discovery, design, development, testing, and deployment of custom talent analytics dashboards along with training for those dashboards.
- Improve Customer understanding of the most important talent acquisition metrics, the related recruiting activities which impact those metrics, the Lever application workflows related to the recruiting activities, and underlying data captured on time while achieving a high degree of customer satisfaction.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Identify common reporting patterns to automate and streamline custom reporting engagements by optimizing the analytics project flow and establishing best practices with respect to visualizations and data pipelines.
- Contribute to the Lever implementation methodology by defining the milestones, activities, discovery questions, design specification templates, and training materials for custom dashboard development with Lever Talent Intelligence.
- Engage and advise Customer IT teams on how to leverage data available from Lever’s Data API to build out Talent Analytics metrics in their data warehouse.
- Capture, synthesize and share customer feedback with Lever’s Product team to help inform and shape Lever’s product roadmap. Additionally, stay abreast of the LTI roadmap and new feature releases.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Talent Analytics processes; assess results and refine.
- Collaborate with Lever’s enablement team to maintain and evolve Lever’s Product Certification program for Lever Talent Intelligence.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.