Payroll and Commissions Accountant
General and Administrative
Lever has complex and varied compensation plans that are prepared by individual managers and directors. Often, there are multiple variables for each plan and terms and targets that must be tracked. Simultaneously, we are making compensation adjustments and we don’t yet have a mature compensation tracking system. We’re ready for a payroll and commissions accountant to establish a solid process to ensure that compensation is calculated accurately and paid when due. We also want to have historical compensation available and that compensation plans make sense in the context of our broader company goals.
The Payroll and Commissions Accountant will have the opportunity to build a system to track compensation from the ground up. They will provide valuable information about about compensation spending and will analyze whether our compensation plans are driving the expected results. They will directly impact the business by recommending changes and optimizations to compensation plans to drive results in the best interest of the business.
The Finance and Operations team under the CFO is comprised of outstanding and diverse talent. It possesses values of trust, customer success, and shareholder value. This group is widely respected across the company and perfectly positioned to create high leverage value. It is a high achieving, high performing, and strong culture team--that loves to serve, have fun, and add business value each and every day.
THE SKILL SET
- ADP Workforce Now
- Hands-on experience with Canadian and US payroll regulations
- Ability to model various performance compensation scenarios.
- Must have strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and a deep curiosity for problem-solving and analytics
- Experience with the following systems: Google Sheets, Netsuite, Quickbooks, Captivate IQ and Salesforce.
- Interest in learning about the components of commission plan (commission rate, accelerators, thresholds, linked metrics, etc...)
- Must be able to build Salesforce reports to pull required data.
- This role maintains confidentiality, accuracy, full compliance, and strong internal controls and drives processes to eliminate waste and improve efficiency.
WITHIN 1 MONTH
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits in to Lever's broader organization.
- Process payroll under the guidance of the existing payroll team.
- Make recommendations for improvements to our current payroll system and develop controls to ensure data input is accurate.
- Review Lever’s variable compensation cycles and identify ways to organize this process for more efficiency.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations according to the financial close calendar.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS
- Process payroll independently, accurately, and on time to make sure that our employees are paid appropriately and timely.
- Learn the sales commission plans and calculate commissions under the guidance of the existing team.
- Work within Captivate IQ and become responsible for managing the data inputs and outputs.
- Independently prepare end-of-year payroll reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of schedules as requested for financial, state, benefit and other audits. This will help us maintain a high level of efficiency across our business units.
- Establish methodology and process for capturing data required for bonus and commission calculations. You’ll roll these out to various cross-functional, internal stakeholders.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS
- Work with our Employee Success team to streamline the payroll process, eliminate inefficiencies (manual checks, last minute drive-by’s, exception processing, etc.)
- Work with FP&A to analyze the results of compensation and begin working with management to develop future plans that will drive results while remaining within the forecasted spend.
- Collaborate with the Employee Success and Finance teams, in order to research and evaluate HRIS systems, and make strategic recommendations.
- Ensure that all variable compensation is tracked and computed correctly in Captivate IQ so we can ensure our team members are paid accurately and on-time.
- Establish a system for tracking individual bonus and commissions attainments by employee.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS
- Work with FP&A and begin modeling the existing ARR/Sales Targets and related compensation. When you’re finished, you’ll share this information with finance management.
- Make recommendations for and implement improvements to our existing systems and internal controls.
- Apply more efficiency and automation while developing methodologies, dashboards, and models for commission reporting.
- Master the compensation process and continually improve our approach to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.