Leverage your substantial skillset to help us refine and execute our technical recruiting strategy and hit the ground running to help us hit aggressive growth goals both in Toronto and abroad! You’ll use your domain expertise to grow our Engineering, Product, and Design teams while helping to evolve Lever’s product. This is the chance to expand your skills in a role that blends recruiting with user research, process iteration, and cross-functional partnership across the organization, while helping build the teams that build Lever, one by one.
Recruiting at Lever is a true partnership between recruiters and hiring teams. Given our product, every person at Lever has a deep understanding of and investment in hiring. We’re looking for someone who values managing strong partnerships with their hiring teams, constantly evolving and improving how we hire, creating fantastic candidate experiences, and invests in upleveling themselves and their teams. In this role you’ll be a thought leader and help shape the product that is at the forefront of innovating how organizations hire. You'll be our second boots-on-the-ground recruiter in our rapidly growing Toronto office, and your work will help push Lever towards achieving our mission: helping companies hire with conviction.
We are the meta-team recruiting for a company that builds tools for recruiters. We’re a cross-functional group of recruiters, candidate experience specialists, and marketers charged with growing an inclusive company with a strong and intentional culture. We don’t view recruiting as a factory assembly line; it’s our company’s most strategic effort and should be collaborative, and above all, human. We also partner closely with our Employee Experience team, and we'll look to you to forge that partnership even more in our Toronto space.
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- A partnership-centric approach to working with engaged hiring managers
- Comfort leading, providing feedback, and driving these relationships forward to help Lever achieve our hiring goals
- A creative approach to finding the best talent. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with a diverse group of top talent
- Ability to build rapport and understand our technical challenges
- Ability to train your peers and act as a thought leader in the technical recruiting space
- Tech fluency: you can articulate Lever’s technical challenges and tech stack
- You should be able to quickly master new tools (including Lever) and have your own preferred stack of recruiting tools
- Past tenure at a hyper-growth startup is ideal, along with expertise in technical recruiting
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining a broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc.
- Develop relationships with hiring managers to understand roles and their talent needs. Conduct initial 1:1s with hiring managers and other strategic partnerships throughout the company to identify what a successful relationship looks like and how you will work together.
- Learn the product --you’re going to use Lever to hire for Lever! Shadow other team members to get up speed, and don’t be afraid to submit tickets or feedback about our own product.
- Dive into sourcing to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with diverse top talent. Utilize our tools--Lever and beyond--to engage candidates and successfully guide them through the offer stage. You’ll be in the driver’s seat to make sure the Engineering, Product, and Design teams are considering and hiring candidates from a variety of backgrounds, education levels, and experience levels.
- Tackle your own candidate pipeline and take ownership of active candidates. You’ll partner with our Director of Recruiting to learn our interview processes, ideal candidate profiles, and how to manage your own workflow.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be the ultimate juggler in managing a talent pipeline and not letting a single ball drop.
- Drive decisions/action within hiring committees and close top talent with your hiring managers and teams. You’ll be responsible for creating a strategy and project managing its success.
- Meet weekly with your hiring managers to understand wins, gaps, and highest priority roles. Provide metrics and conversion rate updates to your hiring manager to partner on improvements and iterations.
- Learn the unique art of writing impact descriptions (what you’re currently reading!), not job descriptions, that we use at Lever. You’ll coach your hiring managers when they write their next one.
- Partner with our Senior Talent Brand Manager to diagnose areas of opportunity when it comes to the right content and collateral to attract and engage your candidates
- Leverage our other tools, including Entelo and our referral program to add to your growing pipeline.
- Close your first candidate whom you have brought full-cycle through the recruiting process.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be completely at home as a critical member of the engineering, product, and design teams as well as the company as a whole, with a deep understanding of the team’s talent needs.
- Use data and your own instincts to identify inefficiencies and innovate / improve your process and pipeline. Take your metrics from our team weekly dashboard, diagnose areas that need attention, and create and execute a plan.
- Maintain a high offer : acceptance rate commensurate with other technical recruiters on the team.
- Deliver interviewer training for the Product, Engineering, and Design teams, based on what you’ve seen in candidate feedback. As a result, you will have a new pool of interviewers from which to pull and further develop.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Partner with the Talent Brand Manager to identify areas of focus for your roles. Identify a plan for marketing, with their help, to drive more applicants and further interest to complement your inbound pipeline and sourcing efforts.
- Onboard as an interviewer for the Recruiting/People team! Partner with the Director of Recruiting to identify areas of focus and then begin tackling your own interviews as our team grows.
- Participate in Recruiting team onboarding. Help new recruiters find their footing and provide them opportunities for shadowing and learning as they partner with you.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.