Customer Success Manager
As Lever continues to grow, we need Customer Success Managers to champion our customers' needs and voices. We're lucky to receive a lot of feedback and recommendations from our customers, and we need to continue to have a conduit of that information to our internal teams here. You'll help lead the charge as our first team members as we continue to add customers to our roster globally!
As a Customer Success Manager on the Customer Advocacy team, you will be our customers' biggest champion and make their voice heard in everything we do- the problems we help solve, the solutions we build and the consultation we deliver. You will do that by building trusting partnerships with our customers and consistently empowering them to achieve their ongoing talent goals with Lever. We advocate for our customers by working across Lever to deliver solutions and share our learnings internally to help shape our products.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in building lasting customer relationships and is passionate about making meaningful contributions to our customer’s success. Don’t be mistaken, this is a challenging career path but also highly rewarding. Are you up for the challenge? If so, stop reading and start applying.
Join a scaling, tight-knit team that’s working directly with innovative talent acquisition teams and thought leaders across various industries and geographies to make hiring a strategic advantage for their organizations. Our team members have a variety of backgrounds, but one thing unites them all--their love for our customers and how Lever is transforming the world of talent!
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Attend Ramp Camp, which is Lever’s week-long version of onboarding where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos.
- Master Lever’s various product training demo frameworks, customized for various customer stakeholders, demonstrated by hosting sessions independently.
- On a regular basis conduct customer check-ins including planning agendas, documenting interactions and tracking various projects. Also on a regular basis, prepare impact reviews and present to customers in order to achieve alignment with customers and showcase the value Lever will bring to their talent strategy. Frequency is dependent upon the specific customer need as well as their preferred service offerings.
- Perform and document account health audits in preparation to communicate recommendations back to customers to ensure they're maximizing Lever's impact.
- Develop proficiency in collecting ongoing customer product feedback to establish an effective feedback loop for customer needs and our product development strategy.
- Learn to communicate the product road map and new product releases/updates to customers.
- Learn about the software and sources of information CSMs use regularly to work with customers.
- Learn the escalation path to appropriately handle support issues and customer concerns.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Take ownership of a customer portfolio of a variety of accounts across industries, product offerings and customer segments; begin developing these relationships through email, phone and video calls, webinar trainings, and in-person visits.
- Identify the current hiring practices and internal business goals of your customer accounts.
- Successfully complete certification for the following areas: Product, Reports & Lever Talent Intelligence (LTI).
- Shadow five Customer Account Executive (CAE) renewal calls to build an understanding of how to best partner on annual renewals, account expansion, and upsell engagement by the CAE team.
- Teach customers best practices for using the Lever product suite through webinars and targeted training sessions.
- Begin pulling user metrics and issue quarterly business reviews to existing customers in order to show customers their areas of excellence and their areas of development in fully leveraging their host of Lever products.
- Educate customers on the value they are receiving from Lever’s products and why the solutions we provide are essential to their continued recruitment and hiring successes.
- Take a disciplined approach to the prioritization of your workload and delivering on commitments, in order to build rapport and trust in your customer relationship Build credibility and trust with our customers by taking a disciplined approach to project management within your accounts and prioritization of your workload in order to deliver on your commitments and meet deadlines.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales and Customer Success functions to ensure a smooth transition from customer onboarding through the annual renewal cycle; serving as the constant point of contact in order to deliver a seamless, high-quality customer experience.
- Be proactive in strategic planning; deliver value-based messaging to motivate customer actions and continuously plot the course for strong cases for customer renewals.
- Transition into owning the customer introduction to the Customer Account Executive 90 days prior to the account renewal date.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Utilize agreed-upon milestones and metrics, you’ll keep customers on course to execute on the success of their plans with Lever.
- Provide feedback for process improvements which improves our abilities to better serve both external and internal customers.
- Have the confidence to advise, influence, and help them on best practices and strategic recommendations to align Lever’s products and solutions to the achievement of these goals.
- Identify our champions within your assigned accounts; ensure customer achievements are highlighted to our internal partners such as marketing in order to communicate those successes externally.
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by helping to interview candidates.
- Advocate internally for the customer’s needs and develop strong feedback loops within Lever, to continue our customer-centric focus with our products and services
- Confidently handle high-stakes, time sensitive issues with customers.
- Ensure Lever’s success based on the customers specific business case across a 12-month account lifecycle.
- Identify growth opportunities in customer accounts and collaborate with Customer Account Executives to ensure renewal and upsell attainment.
- Help train new Customer Success Managers by participating in team on-boarding sessions.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Take a methodical approach to strategic planning in each of your owned accounts; plotting out a 12-month roadmap which continuously progresses the customer towards their specific platform goals and overall success with Lever.
- Facilitate quarterly discovery conversation and perform account health checks to proactively identify opportunities to increase the value add of Lever offerings and advocate to expand the footprint of Lever within your owned customers’ business.
- Leverage the Customer Success Manager competency levelling guide and partner with your manager to create a career development path to help you progress to Senior and then Strategic CSM.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.