Strategic Sales Engineer
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for experienced pre-sale Sales Engineers to join our growing team and expand our presence upmarket. In this role, you will partner with Account Executives to demonstrate the value of our solution to Talent leaders and technologists. You will define the configurations, integrations, and customizations needed to win new business and advise prospective customers on critical security and compliance considerations. As the product expert, you will also capture and share feedback from the field, influencing the development of new features and the overall direction of our product roadmap.
This role allows you to use your technical know-how to make a direct impact on our bottom line. Join us and help show the world why the most innovative companies use Lever to solve their hiring needs!
We go to great lengths to ensure that every one of our prospective and current customers has a great experience working with our team, and you’ll be a core part of that. You should have a penchant for customer empathy -- you’ll be working closely with customers to identify their needs and pain points. You will learn how to overcome common objections and provide the answers to integration and customization questions, while also helping take Lever out to the global community.
THE SKILL SET
- Creative problem solver with proven track record of success
- 5+ years of SaaS Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering; HR tech industry preferred
- Comfortable delivering technical sales presentations, product positioning, and objection handling
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Code-level experience and ability to develop lightweight, working proof-of-concepts
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining a broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc
- Join four in-depth product training sessions to learn the inner workings of Lever’s talent acquisition suite and pre-built integrations; pass a series of exams to become a certified product expert
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions: participate in the same sales training program as Account Executives, shadow three customer-facing meetings with each AE you support
- Complete sales certification; deliver a mock pitch and product demonstration to a group of Solution Engineers and sales leaders, qualifying you to work on full-cycle deals
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Deliver product demonstrations and technical presentations to potential customers, leading to your first closed won deal
- Participate in your first advanced technical training course on infrastructure, security controls, and certifications; complete a practice questionnaire (reviewed by your manager) to ensure you can answer comprehensive security and compliance questions
- Participate in your second advanced technical training course on API and potential applications, including custom careers pages, HR system integrations, business intelligence systems, and event monitoring; architect and build a custom solution to complete a final capstone project
- Become a strategic partner to Sales, achieve your individual influence goal, and help the team hit their quarterly revenue goals
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Continue to partner with Sales, reach an even higher individual influence goal, and increase new business win rates by:
- Leading in person product demonstrations that showcase how Lever solves modern recruiting challenges
- Meeting with IT and security professionals to handle technical objections and mitigate any concerns that might block a deal
- Designing custom solutions and proof-of-concepts that illustrate how Lever augments the systems and processes our customers already have in place
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Identify, implement, and document process improvements; tackle projects that contribute to the continued success of the Solutions Engineering organization
- Master Strategic solutions engineering, choosing to develop your teammates in that segment or continue your work on even larger deals
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.