Talent Analytics Consultant
San Francisco /
Customer Experience and Solutions – Professional Services /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded ten years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies can rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far and are thrilled for our plans to come after our last round of funding of $50 million in November 2021. Together, our company has been certified as a “Great Place to Work”, along with “Best Company Outlook 2022,” and “Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022,” and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
As a Talent Analytics Consultant, your primary role is being Lever’s expert in data analytics helping customers unlock actionable insights through custom data visualizations using various Business Intelligence tools. Data and analytics are a primary driver for why customer want to use Lever. This role is crucial in helping Lever customers identify the effectiveness of their Talent Acquisition organization and talent strategy.
You will help companies address goals such as diversity and inclusion, internal mobility, referrals, candidate experience, recruiting efficiency, team performance, interviewer bias and so much more. You will listen closely and understand our customer’s unique goals and desired outcomes, then create and customize reports that enable talent leaders to make strategic decisions and run their business.
In addition, Talent Analytics Consultants help define and shape Lever’s data strategy, reporting products and analytics service offerings to drive more value for our customers. This is a highly cross-functional role that works closely with our Product, Sales and Marketing, Service and Support, and our Implementation teams. For example, Talent Analytics Consultants are key contributors to Lever’s Product Management team with respect to our standard reporting products. With your deep first hand knowledge of what customers are looking for and how they want to consume their data, you will be able to provide strategic feedback to Lever Product Management and influence our product roadmap. You may find yourself assisting in requirements gathering, product testing, training content creation and more.
This role has the ability to immediately make an impact with every customer you work with. Talent leaders and recruiters alike are eager to engage in data that will help them achieve their goals. The opportunity to be consultative, stretch creative problem solving muscles and hone skills for various Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, and PowerBI will be an every day event in this role. Additionally, you will learn from and collaborate with a group of exceptional high performing Talent Analytics Consulting peers with prior experience at companies like Accenture, Deloitte and PWC.
You will be part of the Professional Services team at Lever which consists of Implementation Consultants, Solution Architects and Talent Analytics Consultants. We largely work with Lever’s enterprise and most complex customers by understanding their unique business challenges and collaborating with empathy to deliver custom solutions and talent advisory.
Our ideal coworker is smart, self-directed, persuasive, empathetic, creative, loves problem solving and has a thirst to learn more. They also have strong analytical skills with a proven track record of developing impactful data visualizations, surfacing actionable insights, communicating effectively and engaging customers with analysis leading to data-informed decisions. They thrive working with the building blocks of data, data relationships, and data aggregations. They enjoy building out data analytics and business intelligence solutions using SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Looker. It's critical that you are product-savvy and can quickly learn how the use of Lever’s product ties into data quality and hygiene. We are looking for someone who knows how to manage their time effectively and can prioritize the tasks in front of them. If this sounds like you, drop us a line!
THE TECH STACK
THE SKILL SET
- 1-3 years of experience with designing, building, and automating key metrics with Tableau (preferred) or other BI tools that drive story-telling. Awareness of design concepts related to chart forms, white space, and the use of color.
- The ability to interact with non-technical teams and run technical discovery processes; a vocal and proactive partner to stakeholders guiding their line of questioning rather than fulfilling requests.
- Experience consulting clients and creating implementation strategies to address their business objectives. Proven ability to creatively problem-solve in ambiguous environments and create structure and process improvements where necessary
- Experience in business analysis and business process improvement preferably in a hyper growth environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in process documentation.
- Excellent project management skills; the ability to manage many diverse workflows and BI implementations at once.
- Strong familiarity using SQL to transform data tables into meaningful data sources ready for visualization
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Attend Ramp Camp, Lever’s three-day company-wide onboarding program, where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos.
- Attend Sales Ramp Camp, which is Lever’s week-long version of sales onboarding. This will give you a holistic view of a prospect lifecycle, for the occasions when you're asked to join a pre-sales conversation.
- Kick off your Starter Project at Lever, which all new employees complete within their first month and will address a team-specific pain point.
- Shadow 15 reporting-specific calls across Implementation, Sales Engineering, and Talent Analytics to build understanding of customer implementation steps, key milestones, and the differing reporting needs by company size.
- Learn about our analytics go-to-market, current state operating model, and data architecture and pipelines; you’ll also learn about how Lever’s analytics products augment our implementation offerings with custom reporting solutions. You’ll demonstrate this knowledge by designing and building your first Tableau dashboard.
- Review tickets for the last 30 days related to Lever Talent Intelligence, Lever Data API and Lever Reporting with Technical Support to build your understanding of the type of questions being asked, product feedback, issues, and the underlying data relationships.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Demonstrate product proficiency and complete product certifications for Lever Hire, Lever Reporting, and Lever Talent Intelligence.
- Orient yourself around the Solution Enterprise team’s mission, goals, norms, strengths and growth areas; partner with your manager to develop your own Individual Impact Plan. Track your progress and receive continuous feedback via 15Five, our performance tracking tool.
- Complete your first full lifecycle customer engagements with new and existing customers including discovery, design, development, testing, and deployment of custom talent analytics dashboards along with training for those dashboards.
- Improve Customer understanding of the most important talent acquisition metrics, the related recruiting activities which impact those metrics, the Lever application workflows related to the recruiting activities, and underlying data captured on time while achieving a high degree of customer satisfaction.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Identify common reporting patterns to automate and streamline custom reporting engagements by optimizing the analytics project flow and establishing best practices with respect to visualizations and data pipelines.
- Contribute to the Lever implementation methodology by defining the milestones, activities, discovery questions, design specification templates, and training materials for custom dashboard development with Lever Talent Intelligence.
- Engage and advise Customer IT teams on how to leverage data available from Lever’s Data API to build out Talent Analytics metrics in their data warehouse.
- Capture, synthesize and share customer feedback with Lever’s Product team to help inform and shape Lever’s product roadmap. Additionally, stay abreast of the LTI roadmap and new feature releases.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Talent Analytics processes; assess results and refine.
- Collaborate with Lever’s enablement team to maintain and evolve Lever’s Product Certification program for Lever Talent Intelligence.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The Lever Hire and Lever Nurture features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of more than 4,500 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielson. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co.